Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading something a while ago about calibrating the oil pump. Have a f5 and would like some info on doing so. How long does it take

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here's what I did...

Fill up the oil tank way up in the neck, (avoid an oil bubble) then lay sled on it's clutch side. Take off the lower pan by removing the torx screws. Once you have that off, you will see the oil pump on the front of the block. By going through the bottom, it eliminates any messing with the carbs. To see the calibration marks, you'll need to get a mirror on the front side. Take a look, on the swinging arm there is a mark that should line up with another mark on the back assembly. This is the idle mark. If that's OK, go to the throttle and find a way to keep it wide open. Now check the swing arm again...should match back mark still.

Problems with mine...
I noticed 2 marks for the idle position on the swing arm...I don't know what the other is for.
Calibration marks all check out, but I still use a ton of oil. Will take it in for the real test next week.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:huh: I see the w.o.t. marks on my f7 , but I can't see the idle index mark. Taking it to the dealer tommorrow for updates, it seem sthat the w.o.t. index marks are about 3/16" off on the lean side, I'll let the dealer check it out.. This is something everyone should look at, starving for oil causes a slow death, likely won't fail till your out of warranty. Took my misadjusted 99 zr 600 2500 miles to blow up due to lack of oil. It's nice to not be constantly filling up the oil resovoir but it's cheaper than a crankshaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts