Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
personally i would let the dealer do it in there is a problem .that way they are to blame! :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Why does step 4. say to "Loosen and move the clamp securing each hose to the coolant tank; then remove the outside hose (coolant tank-to-right-side coolant tube)." ? Then it doesn't say to reconnect.

·
Registered
269 Posts
they didnt remove my bellypan he did it all from the top

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I also think it's interesting how this service bulletin says to "loosen and move the clamp securing each hose to the coolant tank; then remove the outside hose" and doesn't say anything about clamping off the hose before you disconnect it so that you dont loose all youe antifreeze and then have to burp/bleed the cooling system when you are done...... I thought this was a very important part of the puzzle(burping/bleeding) on our F7's if air was introduced to the cooling system.....Now it's simply "remove the hose"??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
-John

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did it myself after talking with dealer. It's really easy - you don't need to mess with the cooling lines. Took me about 1/2 hour; thats half way to the dealer - so I'm glad I did it at home - plus it gives you a chance to check things over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Braaap1@Feb 14 2003, 06:23 PM
Can be done from top without hose and bellypan removal...
I tried it from the top, and I couldn't get the lower connection back on. My hands were just not small enough to reach down in there. How did you get the lower arm connection back on from the top? Some trick to it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
First pull the oil pump arm all the way up, Then take a pair of needle nose pliers and hold the linkage arm in place and then take a flat bladed screw driver and pop it right back on. Be careful not to bend the oil pump arm.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Check out my post up in the locked section above. It's a step by step. You don't have to remove the coolant hoses.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Use Craigs directions, they're excellent! I took me a half an hour and was very easy. I also pulled my Y-pipe and everything looked great. Yeah! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts