Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE TRIED TO DO THE OIL PUMP ADJUSTMENT FROM THE TOP?LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE TIGHT BUT SHOULD BE ABLE TO REACH IN THERE....THE TOP PART OF THE ARM IS THE ONLY PART WITH THREADS..WOULD BE ALOT EASIER...ANYBODY TRIED....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes it can be done from the top. Loosen the jam nut (two wrenches required and turn the top of the rod clockwise, ya know, righty tighty lefty loosey. I don't know how the AC mech's get a three hour time allotment it took me 10 minutes.Whatever....................

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bulletin states .3 hours, not 3 hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS KRISPY..LOOKED LIKE IT COULD BE DONE FROM THE TOP...MY DEALER IS IN CANADA 5HRS AWAY..THE GUY ON THE PHONE SAID TO REMOV PIPE,TAKE OUT THROTTLE BODYS,FLIP MACHINE ON SIDE REMOVE SKID PAN ADJUST ROD ALL THE WAY DOWN...IM LIKE WTF..FIRST OFF CAT DOESNT WANT YOU TO FLIP MACHINE ON ITS SIDE FOR VERY LONG..I TELL HIM...HE SAYS ..WELL PUT 80 TO 1 IN THE TANK FOR NOW...I BETTER ASK THEM WHAT THE RATIO SHOULD BE TO BEGIN WITH...MINE RUNS GREAT AND THE PLUGS LOOK GOOD..HMMMM?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah I hear that Triple.........I'm freaked about tippin my sled over also. I was running really lean(128-1) but my pistons looked fine and my plugs were black???? :huh:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
it takes five minutes to take the belly pan off, and is much easier to gain acess to the linkage, i've done it twice already, just make sure that the oil pump are is straight when you are done, and does not rub on the side of the pump/motor, mine did when i was done from pushing on the connection to get it back on, just bent the arm back, good as new

·
Registered
130 Posts
takes longer then 5 min with us guys that have skid plates on....because the ole skids are riveted on..only 3 screws in the front the rest are rivets..and those dont come off to easy..and im not gonna drill em out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts