Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the bulletin says differently, but this is the way I did it. Remove the pipe and Y-pipe(6-12MM nuts). 5 of the nuts can be accessed with a socket. Zip tie the throttle open. Loosen the throttle body clamps and push the rail back slightly. This extra clearance makes things much easier. Pop the link off both ends with a screwdriver. Take note of the link postion before you remove it. Pin is at the top end. Shorten the link(8MM wrenches) and snap back on. Push the injector rail back in and tighen clamps. Install the Y-pipe and pipe and you're done. Less than an hour. My way you can check the pistons and cylinders. Mine were perfect. Tops of pistons looked dark brown. Plugs were black, but Y-pipe was brown. Hard to see the wash because of the angle of the cylinders. Could be a tad richer for my tastes. Oh well, hope she doesn't blow. Now sled is very rich on oil. Filled the garage with smoke very quickly. I may go a little leaner after my big trip(800 miles). Better safe than sorry.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts