Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for some advise on oil adjustments for my '06 600 S/B. My dealer told me to adjust it so the marks on the pump line up at the moment the carb slides start to move. Does this sound right? It was originally set that the marks lined up when the throttle was at rest. I plan on adding a secondary spring the the oil pump arm also. The oil consumption last year was horrible and the bottom of the sled got filthy with oil film.
Any help is appreciated,
David

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone here adjust their own oil pump??

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yup. I think maybe everyone is tired of that topic...but here's the posts of how I turned back consumption on my 08 Dragon, as well as how some others did theirs (different from mine)...I hope your chair is comfy as you'll be reading for a while. Theres a post or two referenced within that post as well. As well as synchronization bulletin from Polaris on the 07 600 CFI. Should be all the info you need to figure it out on your carb'd sled if you're a little mechanically inclined:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...howtopic=287082

I still think everyone just needs to ignore the "lines" and "marks" on the pumps and just calculate your oil ratio and either increase or decrease them by trial and error to whatever ratio you are shooting for. These are FAR from accurate pumps in terms of lining the marks up...even if they are set to the same mark position between two sleds, it will often result in notably different usage ratios from one sled to the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts