Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving f-7 about 7 miles tonight. Filled oil reservoir up to top. Light so faint that I did not see it until I stoped for gas? Any suggestions. Let it sit for approx. 30 minutes and started it again. Light still on.

Prior to running machine, was some snow pack froze under machine track. Perhaps shorted wire from ice or water? Bring in to warm up, but if it continues, what do you feel is the problem?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had this happen too. I have no idea why it does this. Someone please help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had this problem one time too. I have talked to other F-7 owners and it has happened to them. I have also heard that there is something wrong w/ the speedo/tach/gauge, and that they are getting replaced in some areas. I called my dealer about it and he knew nothing about it. But mine has not come on since, and runs excellent

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Are you sure it was the Oil light? My oil light doesnt come one faintly, Its either ON/OFF. On the other hand the TEMP light sometimes comes on faintly when im driving slow on low snow for long periods of time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I took my F7 in for recall fixes I also let them know that the oil light came on way too early. As soon as the oil is down out of the neck it comes on. He said he has heard other complaints about this. They adjusted it so it comes on when the oil is at the half way point in the resevoir now.

SNO*DAWGZ

·
Registered
156 Posts
check the six wire connection, by the front bumper, that you have to unplug to take the hood off-found some corrosion in one that had the temp light on faintly-took it apart and coated it with di-lectric grease-problem solved-the corrosion was making contact between the light wires and the ground wire

T

·
0 Posts
I had that problem and it was the connecter at the oil switch,take it apart and put it back together it was fine after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts