Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to bore you mechanical giants, but my F-7 oil light came on very faintly and stayed on. Ran the machine 7 miles after having warmed it up for ten minutes. Did not even notice the light until I stopped for gas. Prior to driving I had filled the oil reservoir full. Still plenty in jug at stop and I saw no leaking hoses. How worried should I be?

Was running in near blizzard like conditions. Bring it in to warm it up, but if it doesn't go away any ideas on what to do? Concerned. If there is a past thread please advise.

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is an issue with mine also, It seems to come and go. The dealer and I both believe it is moisture related. try putting some dielectric grease on the terminals at the hood harness to chassis harness junction. This worked for me for a while.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the same issue, when it comes on dim, I just ignore it & when it comes on bright I take more notice. I also always have a pretty good idea where I am at on oil anyway, which gives me a little more piece of mind when the dim light comes on. It is a little distracting at night though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts