Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning my sled today (after a short 'stand' session to clean out the track) I noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor underneath the sled....Drops were traced to an outlet for a pair of hoses coming from the APV assemblies...It looks like 'used' oil and appears to be coming from the APV assemblies...This sled is a new '03 ZL600 EFI with just under 200 miles, otherwise running perfect..Is this anything to be concerned with? Why is this oil apearing out of this tube? It must be a normal thing, since the tubes are factory installed, seemingly 'drain' tubes...Any tech info is greatly appreciated, thanks for looking!! :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
My 600 does that too. I think it uses too much oil, but I'm afraid to adjust it down. You may want to pull out your power valves now and clean them. Especially if you premixed the break in gas. Mine were all gooey with oil and carbon, and were sticking. Be careful when taking out the allen headed screws, as they are loctited, and will easily round out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by delta@Feb 19 2003, 04:19 PM
While cleaning my sled today (after a short 'stand' session to clean out the track) I noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor underneath the sled....Drops were traced to an outlet for a pair of hoses coming from the APV assemblies...It looks like 'used' oil and appears to be coming from the APV assemblies...This sled is a new '03 ZL600 EFI with just under 200 miles, otherwise running perfect..Is this anything to be concerned with? Why is this oil apearing out of this tube? It must be a normal thing, since the tubes are factory installed, seemingly 'drain' tubes...Any tech info is greatly appreciated, thanks for looking!! :D
i dont think a drop or two is a real issue...my 2001zl600 does the same thing..the firecats have a problem with sticking cables because they dont have these vent tubes....count your blessings...steve

·
Registered
237 Posts
My 02 zl 600 efi esr does the same thing. Also I can
not fill the oil bottle all the way up , if I do it will leak
out on the floor. I don't have any of these prob with
my f7.

·
Registered
237 Posts
F250 is right the tube is for the self cleaning cycle and its normal if it had no where to go it would clog up the valves much quicker than they do ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts