Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the recall done for the oil leak. A bolt was not torqued properly at the factory. I took mine to the dealer bacause of this leaking and it still does it. Little spot on the floor every morning. They insist they torqued the nut to proper spec and I don't want the belly pan taken off a new sled to lood for a leak. I only own Polaris and love the sled but I don't want it to leak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would take sled back to dearler and find out where the oil is coming from, no matter what it takes to find it. The dealer should have done this before you pick sled up. If that screw comes out it could case some very serious damage to engine, cause there is no oil sensor on this engine. It is under warrtany get it done so you dont end up losing riding time this winter.
My dealer didn't have mine done when i went to pick it up, learn about it from a post on this site ask if he had done it , he didn't know about it. The company give dealer about 45 min to do this check. You have to go in left side thourgh the boot to get to screw, and mine wasn't tighten properly. Only have few miles on sled but no leak's. Get er done. :div20:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,325 Posts
Has anyone had the recall done for the oil leak. A bolt was not torqued properly at the factory. I took mine to the dealer bacause of this leaking and it still does it. Little spot on the floor every morning. They insist they torqued the nut to proper spec and I don't want the belly pan taken off a new sled to lood for a leak. I only own Polaris and love the sled but I don't want it to leak.[/b]
Here is the link to Service Bulletin S-06-10 for MY07 FST's

This is the only bulletin at this time for 2007 FST's. It does not apply to MY06 FST's.

If you want the leak found, you either need to let them do it their way, or you can try to do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts