Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANY BODY HEARD OF BLUE MARBLE. THE GUY THATS DOES MY WORK ON MY SLED SAYS THATS THE GOOD SHIT. HE HAS GUYS COME IN WITH 5000 MILES AND THE VALVES LOOK LIKE NEW. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have good things about it. I have tried a few and as long as you keep with one oil, or let the tank run as low as possible before adding another you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I can't believe everyone here doesn't use Klotz. You can buy it from a HCS sponsor (Tam's Racing) for $19.00 / gal. It's super clean with the power valves and smells wayyy good.

I guess Amsoil is ok too. It's made in Superior, WI right in the heart of sledding country.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thats those damn oil prices again! Wait till some of these dealers have to re-order. I imaging it will go up also.

I have however had great results with Amsoil Interceptor.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Amsoil all the way. I have been using it in all my sleds since 2002 and I have never had any problems. I use the Dominator racing oil.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
damn... that klotz at 22 a gallon is sounding good to me! be worth the extra couple bucks just for the smell... i think klotz should start selling candles... and turbo blue too!!! oh may, i'd have about 15 candles in my garage at all times then!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ran klotz for years, switched to amsoil intercepter for the past 2 seasons. I am switching back to klotz this season because I think it burns cleaner, it's cheaper, and I miss the smell! Both are very good oils! :div20:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I will probably be the only one to say Torco SSO Synthetic, but my dealer has been buying it in bulk since 2001 and have used it ever since and really like it. I get it 5 dollars a gallon cheaper then bulk APV and it also has a good smell to it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by F7-X@Sep 1 2005, 06:52 PM
Ran klotz for years, switched to amsoil intercepter for the past 2 seasons. I am switching back to klotz this season because I think it burns cleaner, it's cheaper, and I miss the smell! Both are very good oils!    :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857515
[/quote]

Yeah, that smell. I have experience with both oils in dyno/field testing. Upon tear-down , I still prefer Klotz, BUT, I have to be fair seen good results with Amsoil stuff too!! The best is full on race fuel, and VP C-16. They should make perfume out of this stuff!!!----smile

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I'm using Cat APV oil this year.....it was $15/gal at the swap last week.

I don't know if it the best, but it will work.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts