Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a dealer other than the one I bought the sled from with this answer. He says that the cable to the oil pumps are too short and it leaves the pump open too much all the time. He says you either have to put a longer cable on or he has shortened the cable bracket so that when idling the pump returns to the point it is supposed to be at. He says that this has cured the heavy oil consumption problems!! I'm going to have him do mine within the next couple of weeks and I'll keep you all posted. He says he's talked to arctic cat and that this process won't void any warranty!! :blink: :blink: :D :D B)

·
Registered
488 Posts
What should the normal oil consumption be? Friday I put on about 225 miles and it took just under 1 quart to fill it. Is that a lot? Its not half as much as my 00 800ZRT used.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It must be the 5's that are using too much oil. I am concerned that my 7 is not using enough! 330 miles, and barely a quart and a half.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by F52003@Feb 2 2003, 01:03 AM
He says that the cable to the oil pumps are too short and it leaves the pump open too much all the time. He says you either have to put a longer cable on or he has shortened the cable bracket so that when idling the pump returns to the point it is supposed to be at.
I am one of the victims of the oil trouble...but my marks are lined up at idle and full open. Before your dealer changed cables did your marks not line up? Thanks...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't fool yourself. All manufactures have these issuses only they aren't being publicized the way they are here. Oil consumption and pump setting issues have been around for years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts