Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use Amsoil Interceptor in my 04 600 HO SDI and 05 800 X PTEC. :div20: No issues at all, power valves look new! My buddy has 06 800 Adrenaline PTEC he runs BRP Full Synthetic no issues either however BRP $$$$.

Bottom line the Amsoil is $12.00 a gallon cheaper than BRP :banana:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I always here alot of guys talking about breaking the sled in on mineral oil and then switching it over to synthetic. Then you have the issue of mixing oils. I have always run amsoil synthetic in all my doo for the last 6 years with great results. All engines had great cross hatch in the cylinders with dissablemed. The rave valves show no carbon build up and yes like is was already said amsoil is alot cheaper and does not stink like doo oils.

MY .02

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
the guy i bought my sled from ran blue marble oil and loved it

·
Registered
417 Posts
As far as I am concerned, blue marble is the best there is. I have used it in both my sleds for 2 years and also my chain saws, and whatever other 2 cycle engines I come across. Smokeless for the most part. Consumption is down and power is constant.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to BRP the mineral oil is for carbed models and synthetic is for SDi
In my experience with bikes (4 stroke), I was in the habbt of break in with regular oil to seat everything and than switch to synthetic. I think im goinging to break in with mineral oil than switch after 300 miles.
:div20: thanks for the feed back guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts