Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM JUST WRITING IN TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT ON MY F7 SNO PRO, THE OIL CAP WOULDNT TIGHTEN UP. IT WOULD SEEM LIKE IT WOULD GET TIGHT THEN WHEN YOU GO TO GIVE IT THAT LAST LITTLE TWIST JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS TIGHT, IT WOULD SPIN LOOSE. I WENT BACK TO MY DEALER TODAY AND I BROUGHT MY SLED ALONG WITH ME. HE TOOK ONE OFF OF A F5 THAT WAS ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR AND HANDED IT TO ME. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THAT PROBLEM. MY DEALER IS ONE HECK OF A GUY....NO QUESTIONS ASKED...JUST RESULTS.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had the same problem on mine...when I got it back...The cap wouldnt go on...I sat there messin around with it for alil while....and finally got it to work...not sure what I did... :huh: ..but its finally workin now...no problems now.. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
rob is right-you have to be very careful to start it on the thread-i turn mine backwards until i feel the first thread drop in then spin it on-works for me

·
Registered
293 Posts
The above post is good advice - I do this on anything I have to screw on - turn left first to feel that drop, ensuring you are threaded correctly, and then tighten.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just didnt seem like it could cross thread with the threads being soo course. but I guess anything is possible

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have had this happen on a few sleds now. Still not really sure what the issue is. Well try putting it on at every possible angle sometimes 10 - 15 times, all of a sudden for no reason doing nothing different it goes on and is then good to go. Doesn't seem to be cross threaded, goes all the way to the bottom and then pops off when you tighten it the last little bit. Perhaps check the seal in the top. Play with it long enough - we have got them all to work so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts