Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Prior to vent i was at 40:1, i will know where it is in a couple weeks of run time with the vent installed.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm going to be ordering a vented cap from Paaso, but I was wondering if anyone ever tried a cap off a skidoo sled? I was looking at the oil cap on my dad's 2009 Expedition 600 and he has a vented cap that fits on the Polaris tank. His doesn't have any type of valve , just a vent with an oil splash guard so it wouldn't matter what angle the sled is at it would always vent.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a cap off Paaso this year. Works great, when I brought sled to dealer for post break-in tune up I just threw factory cap on since it's under warranty. My buddy has a 12' rush and bought vented oil tank kit for north star since he has no warranty. His works great too

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The vented tank kit works too good! Had my pro rmk in the mountains this weekend and was leaving skid stains every climb, need to turn the oil pump down.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just ordered one.

Did I think I needed one? Sleds off warranty, probably not a bad investment for the price. Once I put it on, I'll never know if it was a good investment.

To be honest, part of the reason I bought one is that I have read a lot of PaasoRacing's posts. Never met the guy, but he seems to have a lot of knowledge and is always willing to share some good advice. Kind of makes you want to support him so he'll be around to support us. If I was in the US and not Canada, I'd likely be sending him my back shocks to revalve as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks for shipping them out...FYI, the tie-ing off of the cap so it doesn't fall in the snow was the final sale deal closer for my 2 caps.. Some of us are easy sales!
I've noticed you are an easy sale.... Every time Polaris comes out with something long and shiny you snatch it right up!:bc:

41 - 60 of 141 Posts