Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Arctic cat procross have a venting problem also people are blowing them up. Amazing its 2014 and they can't make a vent cap that works right

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Amazing its 2014 and they can't make a vent cap that works right
I guarantee the caps are some emissions approved design. Oil vapor is a carbon emission!!

I just bought a $700 ridgid pressure washer with a Subaru engine. Honda is out, Subaru is in, because... they meet emission standards! Anyway it would run for 5 min and die.... the gas cap had NO vent in it!!! Now it has a 1/8" hole drilled in it and she'll run till the tanks empty!!!

Fu#k hippies!!

Hippies are blowing up our sleds!

Hey hippies someone exposed your shady "vented" caps!! Suck it!

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
726 Posts
I guarantee the caps are some emissions approved design. Oil vapor is a carbon emission!!

I just bought a $700 ridgid pressure washer with a Subaru engine. Honda is out, Subaru is in, because... they meet emission standards! Anyway it would run for 5 min and die.... the gas cap had NO vent in it!!! Now it has a 1/8" hole drilled in it and she'll run till the tanks empty!!!

Fu#k hippies!!

Hippies are blowing up our sleds!

Hey hippies someone exposed your shady "vented" caps!! Suck it!

HAHAHA....I did the same thing

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I Gutted mine out with a zip cut then installed a fitting and sealed it with pipe-dope.

Total cost 4.00 $

Not sure if it will holdup but I know its at lease venting. If it leaks i'l buy one off you guys. :bc2:

WARNING if you decide to go that route make sure to burn off the rough edge with a propane torch and clean good with solvent and air .The last thing you need is plastic chips clogging your filter. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
soooo

I see your points, but really? are sleds are always bucking around and the ball im sure just doesnt stay put for how the slow the reservoir empties.imho

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I am more than likely going to melt a small hole on the inside of the cap. If I have a leaking issue I will order a vented cap. Both of these guys see a lot of sleds and always seem to provide excellent information to us on HCS. If they are seeing an issue that is good enough for me to take some sort of preventative action.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I been wondering about the low oil use , maybe throw the vent kit on mine. You guys drilling tank then cleaning it out?

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I been wondering about the low oil use , maybe throw the vent kit on mine. You guys drilling tank then cleaning it out?
Use an old table spoon bend it around 50deg. put a film of grease on it stick it in the tank where drilling, load your bit up also with grease this will catch all shavings.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts