Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard on the radio 37 of the 39 recommendations approved ?? or something???

Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I glimpsed at it quick on the SANS web site but didn't have a chance to really read it over. Mandetory trail passes in the next 12-24mths. 12 new goverment enforcement postions in only 5 mths. Funny about that. I will comment further when I have a chance to read it thoroughly.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Nice X-Fire Joe.....I hear Mason skipped out on Cat and went for a Doo???
Is this true???
When will he learn if ya wanna win races ya gotta ride Poo....if his 9 couldn't beat my 7 how will a Rev??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 04XC700owner@Oct 13 2005, 07:21 PM
Nice X-Fire Joe.....I hear Mason skipped out on Cat and went for a Doo???
Is this true???
When will he learn if ya wanna win races ya gotta ride Poo....if his 9 couldn't beat my 7 how will a Rev??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928102
[/quote]

Hey Brent good to see you still have some time to think about sledding! Jason hasn't bought yet, so you never know!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Good luck on enforcement! That's the problem with the whole report, it'll take mega $$$$ to enforce the new regs.

·
Registered
776 Posts
:augen41: :banghead: You'll likely see the province take over trail permits, (read between the lines), up goes the fees to cover the cost of enforcement. Look at what happened in New Brunswick, permits now administered by Service N.B.: Early Bird $130.00 + HST=$149.50, till Dec.15;Reg. Season $180.00+ HST=$207.00. This will be their justification, hold onta your wallet, it's gonna get worse!!!!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
There were already laws in place that were not being enforced. Now there will be more. I'm all for mandatory permits, but the gov't will find a reason to take over our permit system, charge double for their troubles, lose half of it to red tape waste, and still not have the needed enforcement. If they could mandate passes, leave the pass system alone, and get some enforcement types out on the trails (didn't they just announce a little bit ago they were hiring a few people for this?), we'd be OK. Unless of course they go all nuts on these 'protected' areas. Amazing the far reaching impact a few bad apple ******* ATV'rs can have.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I have read some of the Action Plans, there could be some good come out of it.

22. Portion of registration fee to go to SANS for trail development

24. Mandatory Trail Permits

32. All OHV operators and passengers assume all risks & responsibilities (This could eliminate the need for SANS to purchase Liability insurance or reduce the cost at the least, thus reduce cost of trail passes!!)

34 b. Trail could exsist in a Protected area (Portapique, Economy, Jim Campbell Barren) if: it was there before designated as protected or minimal impact in wilderness area.

Only time will tell. This came to be not because of snowmobilers, it came tobe because of a public outcry over ATVs mostly. I never thought it would be a big benefit to the sport.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think that most of the regulations is a crock. It is mostly just a big way for the government to make some quick money. the trail enforcenmment won't be affective because if they only have 12 officers in the whole province there will be lots of places that wont have any enforcement. last weekend at the atv rally in hopewell the lands and forests were handing out fines left and right i gueess that is what i heard.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the lands and forest should have better things to do than catch people on wheelers. what a joke they need to be catching people jacking deer and stuff like that not bothering people on atv's

·
Registered
517 Posts
I heard that they was fineing them 4 broken lights etc, not taking into account that some of the wheeiers were stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(chalk one up 4 the theifs)

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Anyone hear anything specific on the Wilderness Protected Areas? What about an area where there is no club or prescence of SANS but there still is an exisitng trail?
What about NEW Trails through NAtional Parks and Wilderness Protected Areas?

I spend almost the whole winter snowmobiling in The Pollettes Cove Aspy River Wilderness Protected Area and the Cape Breton Highlands National PArk. Actually not almost, all of it. To leave private property from my house means entering one of the two, does that mean I'm not allowed to own one? How will they enforce it?

I, for one, am NOT going to stop snowbiling where I have been for 20 years and my parents have been for 30-40 years prior to me. Just not gonna happen. Not that I'm some sort of rule breaking renegade, just that there's no club in my area, the whole area from Ingonish/Cheticamp north. No designated trails, no groomer, no written promission from Dept of Enviro, no nothing, just miles and miles of unexplored wilderness at its most beautiful.

and what are they gonna do if they should happen to catch me, give me a $500,000 fine and impound my sled?

...they might take my ski-doo, but they'll never take our freedom

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I would say they don't even know that your using those trails. Halifax area, the Valley and New Glasgow / Antigonish will be their target areas, I don't think they will be going out of their way to enforce crap where problems don't exist, (actually its not even about problems) its areas where big mouth people don't like snowmobiles and atv's. Everyone will start riding in Guysborough County soon, we have tons and tons of trails and not a sole within 50 miles of them to complain.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Nasty, I believe you are in a bad spot. I sounds like you are north of the Federal Park. By law I don't think they allow sledding there now, and I do not see in the Action Plans where they will change that. However you may try to argue it on the point that there would be "Minimal impact to the Wilderness Area" Good Luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe what formula 670 is saying. they will probalby only target major towns and i would say rally's that way they can check a ton of people at once. don't matter to me much all my toys are legal. and like formula said bring it on to guysborough county. i hope more people come down here to go atving and snowmobiling and then more trails will be connecting the area and existing ones will be repaired. the ones that need repairing

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That depends if he gets what he wants or not!!! Shelly wanted a new table and chairs and he wanted parts. Well she got the table this weekend so I'm guessing that parts will be here on order this week.

Now that he lives in Thorburn he got that itch I think, can't live there unless you have at least 6 cheater parts to try to beat your neighbor and try to make him think your stock. Dam I wished I lived there too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts