Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a camoplast 121"x15x.5 track on my zr... its is studded with 144 woody .875 studs... I went for a ride the other day out on a lake with about 6 inches of power on it, i was playin around in the powder, and i through the sled on to its side on one of my turns, i have done it 1000 other times, but this time i desided fall off... i hit the kill switch of the way off, the sled went a few more feet and rested on it side... as it wasone it side i figured i would check out the studs, i was lookin at the track and i have about 10 or 12 studs riped out!!! mostly on the left side outer belt. I was wondering will it be ok to keep run the sled liek this? Is there some way i can repair the track? And also, could i take all of the studs out of the outside belts, so i would just have 96 up the middle, without cause in more problems?
I think this track will be ok, but am just wondering...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've seen it a hundred times with studs ripping out of the outer part of the track. I often find studs on the trail too. What the hell, just put a stop to it and don't stud the outer belt, load them up in the middle, It shouldn't effect it any.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
i had 120 studs in my original track. noticed a few missing here and there. after a real hard ride one day on hard pack and minimal snow, i noticed a puddle of anti freeze the next am under the sled. had ripped wayyyy more studs out and chewed the front heat exchanger. i'd say you can pull the studs out of the outside, may lose some cornering ability. but you can buy a new track for under 400 bucks. btw the missing the joke thing wasn't meant for you lol

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. i think i will just take out the studs of the outer belt...

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you want you can also have your track repaired, there should be some adds in the snow tech magazine. Studs are a pain, but what would we do without them. I race alot and personally, I wish that studs would not be allowed anywhere. I know that a lot of people would scream, but just think of it this way: NO MORE RIPPED TRACKS, NO MORE HAVING TO SPEND AN EXTRA 500 TO 1000 DOLLARS FOR THE DAMN THINGS, NO MORE LOSING THEM ALL OVER THE TRAILS, NO MORE RUINED HEAT EXCHANGERS! As for drag racing, everybody would be on the same level as far as tracton is concerned, but it would take more skill to get your sled to come out of the hole. Why not except the challenge? Just my thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts