Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week!

Permits will be available for purchase on Wednesday, 01 September 2021

·
Registered
132 Posts
One week!

Permits will be available for purchase on Wednesday, 01 September 2021
Thinking of going back to northern Ontario, haven’t been in a few yrs. what’s the restrictions now at borders since covid?. How much ate the day / week / yr permits cost now?

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
180 Posts
Yahoo! Getting really tired of the heat. Last year in Oct I got the usual early bird special and it was $190 CAD / sled. Regular season is $270 and multi day is $45/day with a 2 day minimum.

I think fully vacc US citizens can travel to Canada now. Not sure of complete details or how long it will last.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yahoo! Getting really tired of the heat. Last year in Oct I got the usual early bird special and it was $190 CAD / sled. Regular season is $270 and multi day is $45/day with a 2 day minimum.

I think fully vacc US citizens can travel to Canada now. Not sure of complete details or how long it will last.
I’m out...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep you need your jab(s) before you can cross. And with halfway haven currently closed, that cuts off our typical trips also.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It’s gonna hurt Canada tourism I gotta believe.. what a mess. Again, I’m out.
I don't think those who make the decisions care at all. But I can't see how it won't hurt the people in the smaller communities.

The hole in the wall fly in fishing lodge our family likes to go to in Manitoba had the cabins wrecked by bears, probably because they were away so long. No income so no money to fix it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think those who make the decisions care at all. But I can't see how it won't hurt the people in the smaller communities.

The hole in the wall fly in fishing lodge our family likes to go to in Manitoba had the cabins wrecked by bears, probably because they were away so long. No income so no money to fix it.
Sad. Fear is causing a lot of damage also.

·
Super Moderator
2016 1200 Renegade X
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's keep this on track.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
180 Posts
I think Canadian small business related to recreation sports will do just fine this winter. Lot's of pent up demand. I'd rather things be controlled and monitored closely than have to eat lunch out in the bush like last year because the restaurants are closed. Let it snow!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I buy every year from Quebec. Last year included. I heard that if you bought early and COVID interrupted your season we can buy cheaper this year? If anyone knows chime in I’m in for 2 sleds so it would help. If I’m wrong I’m buying anyways just wondering.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think Canadian small business related to recreation sports will do just fine this winter. Lot's of pent up demand. I'd rather things be controlled and monitored closely than have to eat lunch out in the bush like last year because the restaurants are closed. Let it snow!
I hope so. There's been a lot of momentum up there in the last 5 years or so in getting trails re-opened, and I'd hate to see the govt shutdowns ruin all that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I buy every year from Quebec. Last year included. I heard that if you bought early and COVID interrupted your season we can buy cheaper this year? If anyone knows chime in I’m in for 2 sleds so it would help. If I’m wrong I’m buying anyways just wondering.
No discount. It was offered last year. If you bought early . But they didnt close trails early or permanently due to covid. There was a deadline. Date for closures.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Pro X 800 , 16 Pro S LE 800, 06 Fusion 600 Dragon, 03 Edge X 600, 99 XC700SP, 96 XCRSP, 91 RXL
113 Posts
Don't like the idea of any of this control as I'm big on personal freedom, but I have to agree trail side services being closed is a PITA. I can ride all day without food or drink, but several in my group won't do it. And the amount of times I got hassled by an idiot for not wearing a mask when going in to pay for fuel WHILE WEARING A HELMET!!!! WTF?
I was in US for business a couple times this summer, and all I can say is: You guys have no idea how good you have it compared to up here. Half population scared stiff, nothing is even close to being normal, everybody is in foul mood, and media filling heads full of BS about how US is overflowing with pandemic.

By the way, I will be buying 3 permits Wednesday, and MI and NY permits as soon as border is open.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don't like the idea of any of this control as I'm big on personal freedom, but I have to agree trail side services being closed is a PITA. I can ride all day without food or drink, but several in my group won't do it. And the amount of times I got hassled by an idiot for not wearing a mask when going in to pay for fuel WHILE WEARING A HELMET!!!! WTF?
I was in US for business a couple times this summer, and all I can say is: You guys have no idea how good you have it compared to up here. Half population scared stiff, nothing is even close to being normal, everybody is in foul mood, and media filling heads full of BS about how US is overflowing with pandemic.

By the way, I will be buying 3 permits Wednesday, and MI and NY permits as soon as border is open.
I appreciate a honest report , I hope things get better in regards to folks opening back up fully and just living .Will obviously not be making any plans to Canada.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
180 Posts
Weird that they made the change to Oct. 1. Their FAQ still shows the Sept 1. pricing. Hopefully they continue with the $50 bonus that had orginally planned for Sept buyers.

Sept 1 – Sept 30 $190 -- $50 bonus applied to your 2022 permit account

Oct 1- Nov 1 $190 -- $25 bonus applied to your 2022 permit account

Nov 2-Dec1 $220 N/A

Dec 2 Onwards $270 N/A

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
264 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same spot as last year, I'd gladly pony up for a permit if the OFSC had some sort of reimbursement policy for US permit holders incase the border shuts down again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
OFSC was scared to death that noone during covid would risk paying upfront. I think last years discount if trails closed worked. I'm sure I heard passes were up by Jan. 1st 40 percent . Had an email from them warning of 1st time riders. Ya It's tough for our American friends . The threat of border closures would deter me till until I headed there.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts