Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
If your pooling your money sure......sorry but I'll stick it to my toolbox if I don't get $150 for it...The snow will come and somebodys gonna miss out here bigtime.[/b]
Absolutely no offence but that someone is YOU! Sold your sled??? What were you thinking??? Was it a 440 mod 800 (based on your info under your avatar)? That isn't a exactly a casual rider sled for any average sledder not so interested in the sport. It would take at very least 5 years min. of absolutely no snow within reasonable driving distance for me to sell my sled. I might stop buying the pass after 3.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Hate to beak it to you, but the only guy that can buy the permit is the guy who bought your sled. The permit is regestered to the sled, that's why you had to give the vin number for it.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Hate to beak it to you, but the only guy that can buy the permit is the guy who bought your sled. The permit is regestered to the sled, that's why you had to give the vin number for it.[/b]
I have one I'll SELL FOR $150 Never put a vin# on it so it is transferable....My sled is being picked up tonight so I have no use for it.[/b]

·
Registered
416 Posts
you dont always have to give the vin, I havent the last two years. as long as they get your money, they dont give a shit.[/b]
I didn't have my VIN with me when I bought my permit and they were hesitant to give it to me but since I wanted to 'buy where I ride' and it was almost Dec.1 they let me take it after I agreed to call them the next day with the info. I forgot and about a week later the club called looking for it. I guess I could have gave them any number but they did want it which raises the question what for? Transferability? (is that a word?) It's not like they have a list that they reference when they stop you on the trail.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
VIN is not importany anyway...... They just want to see the sticker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Absolutely no offence but that someone is YOU! Sold your sled??? What were you thinking??? Was it a 440 mod 800 (based on your info under your avatar)? That isn't a exactly a casual rider sled for any average sledder not so interested in the sport. It would take at very least 5 years min. of absolutely no snow within reasonable driving distance for me to sell my sled. I might stop buying the pass after 3.[/b]

Yes I know I am the big loser in all this, what I'm saying is when the snow flies this pass will be gone. I build a sled every year....this year was a 05 440/800 and next year will be an 07 440/809....I will never give up this sport just taking a much needed $$break$$

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes I know I am the big loser in all this, what I'm saying is when the snow flies this pass will be gone. I build a sled every year....this year was a 05 440/800 and next year will be an 07 440/809....I will never give up this sport just taking a much needed $$break$$[/b]
Did you get to ride the '05? Not the best time to sell right now and this weather could lead to cheaper sleds for the next year but I hope you got your investment out of it. I would have liked to pick up that one. The next project sounds like the kind that will require some $$$ but it's a long wait until next season and I need some riding this year. Glad I kept my old sled for one more. The snow will come sometime even if only for a short while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts