Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well theirs no snow. Fuck i t .Im into offshore racing boats, anyone else?

I remember when i lived in holland michigan they used to run a race on lake mich, you could see the roosters mile's away.
Very cool memories.
Anybody have some good pics of offshore boats. I mean shit,i dont know if i'll ride my sled this year and i gotta sell the boat, and frankly with the temps being what they are, might as well get the boat back out.

Fuck its fifty degrees today in indiana. Shit i'll put my gear on and haul ass in the boat. Shure people will think im crazy, and their right!!!!
But i need my fix.

DAMN MOTHER NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on joe snow i know your out their.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I don't know if you are already a member but Offshoreonly.com is the shiz nit for boats. Where in Indiana are you located? I am in La Porte, about 15 minutes away from the big pond. I love offshores and have been boating my whole life. Here is a pic of my Checkmate ZT 280.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Outboards ROCK!!!

I have dealt with customers in the offshore market for oil and filters and you guys are fanatics about your boats.[/b]
:div20:

Have run AMSOIL a long time in the above boats and swear by it!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FormulaIII8, Im in fort wayne gotta 23' stingray cuddy have had it moored at wawasee the last two years. Love your boat, ever take to lake mich?

Shane that b99 boat looks like it's 4 foot out of the water. I just make that my background.

God, no snow but just talkin about power boating is getting me fired up.

All the pics are KICK ASS.
I recently got divorced so im selling my boat so i'll be free to roam about the world.
Thinking of moving south, I really want to step up to like a 38 footer. Doesnt have to be new,but image is everything. Right?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
FormulaIII8, Im in fort wayne gotta 23' stingray cuddy have had it moored at wawasee the last two years. Love your boat, ever take to lake mich?[/b]

I primary boat on Lake Michigan, 99% of the time. I grew up out there. I have been to Wawasee twice, pretty nice lake but not much of a performance crowd. Thanks for the compliment on the boat. Like every boater I am ready to move up too, only time will tell. I really have my eyes set of a 35 ft. Cig Cafe Racer!

Here is a pic of a 28' Nordic Heat that I had before the Check. This pic was taken from a Heli on one of the fun runs I did with the Chicago Powerboat Club.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fomula III8 we need to hook up sometime, I plan on one run on michigan in o7 providing the boat has'nt sold by then. I was on mich 2yrs ago in 3 to 5' swells and started to put my vest on to hammer down,but the wife quickly put an end to that.

Im from michigan originally, and plan maybe to move back, but i love to put in at macatawa and run thru the channel to michigan and then just run the coast up to grand haven. Moore over nite and see the fountain. Then move along.

As far as wawasee go's, it's the biggest lake around me to run on. It's ok but i like big water!

Ride on my friend, and have a great new year!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, we did lauch off that wave pretty high. Funny how it feels like you are 50 feet up! :banana: Those videos are great. Rich Luhrs is a good buddy of mine. He was the one narrating and probably one of the most knowledgeable guys in the sport. :div20:

·
Registered
203 Posts
One thing I miss about being back home is when the Poker Run tour stopped into our small harbou every Augustr as everyone had to take on fuel. Thirsty bastards! Just mezmorizing seeing 40+ footers roll into the harbour and loud as f*! Everyone was so polite and would answer your questions and let you look at the engines and running gear. Then they would all line up after fueling, probably 40 or so boats, and the flag boat would start 'em all off. Huge roosts and felt like an earthquake. Everyone lined up on the breakwall to watch them leave. Georgian Bay usually has some pretty good chop, which I understand these boats like, and I don't know if the drivers all trimmed the boats up but man did those suckers ever pop out of the water!

I'm tellin' ya, I hit the lotto, before the big house and nice car, there's gonna a 42' Fountain out in the laneway with 4 roots-blown big-blocks. That's heaven.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts