Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use em? Overall I’m very happy with my 2017, however the width sorta sucks for off trail. Possible I should’ve bought an SKS instead but for now I’ve got what I’ve got. Was thinking about grabbing a set of 1” offset spindles, perhaps I can achieve the best of both ( on and offtrail) worlds. They’re not cheap at close to $500 but would be worth it if results are good. I don’t expect that they’ll make the sled handle like the narrow mountain sleds by any means but just wondering if anyone on here has tried them and what your opinions are?

·
Registered
2021 SBA Matryx 146
309 Posts
Anyone use em? Overall I’m very happy with my 2017, however the width sorta sucks for off trail. Possible I should’ve bought an SKS instead but for now I’ve got what I’ve got. Was thinking about grabbing a set of 1” offset spindles, perhaps I can achieve the best of both ( on and offtrail) worlds. They’re not cheap at close to $500 but would be worth it if results are good. I don’t expect that they’ll make the sled handle like the narrow mountain sleds by any means but just wondering if anyone on here has tried them and what your opinions are?
I've got em on my 17 SBA. The stance (with grippers) got narrowed down to about 40". I also run a 1.75 BCX track. I do run trails but I try to get off and play as much as possible (weather permitting). Their not terrible on the trail, a little more noticeable (tippy) than stock but nothing a man can't handle...I got a couple very deep weekends to ride in this year and I felt it was also, a little more nimble to carve and sidehill...Again, not like an RMK, but still noticeable. If you want to save some $ then this is a good way to do so. If you want to flip on an entire A arm set up and mess with your shocks, then go the whole way...If you do enough off trial then I suggest them..

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well right now my riding partner is on a Pro S. He actually does damned well off trail with that, however that limits where we can go significantly. I suppose I should wait to see if he ends up on something more off trail friendly for next year. If so perhaps a new front end is the way to go. If not, then it sounds like the offset spindles will definitely help for reasonable $ and still allow me to stay in the 50/50 realm. I just wanted to confirm that they are a noticeable improvement without any significant downsides before giving them serious consideration. Thanks! If anyone else has some experience with them I’d love to hear more opinions!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Been reading that you can get brand new takeoff front ends from an RMK for around $500. Then you just need your Walkers shortened. Probably achieve much better off trailability going that route

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got em on my 17 SBA. The stance (with grippers) got narrowed down to about 40". I also run a 1.75 BCX track. I do run trails but I try to get off and play as much as possible (weather permitting). Their not terrible on the trail, a little more noticeable (tippy) than stock but nothing a man can't handle...I got a couple very deep weekends to ride in this year and I felt it was also, a little more nimble to carve and sidehill...Again, not like an RMK, but still noticeable. If you want to save some $ then this is a good way to do so. If you want to flip on an entire A arm set up and mess with your shocks, then go the whole way...If you do enough off trial then I suggest them..
Kreng, are those the ZRP spindles?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Been reading that you can get brand new takeoff front ends from an RMK for around $500. Then you just need your Walkers shortened. Probably achieve much better off trailability going that route
I'm sure I can find it on here but I believe you need RMK tie rods to go with the spindles? The Assault spindles should work with the RMK arms?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts