Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, remember when this board started out and people were complaining about Cat's added weight to the F-series sleds? Well, looks like Cat wasn't the only manufacturer that put on some off-season pounds! Here are the pages from the Feb 2003 issue of Snow Goer Magazine! I got my issue in the mail yesterday and I thought I would pass along some of the offical weighs of the main models of all 4 main manufactures...

Snopro model is pound for pound with the REV 800.

Arctic Cat

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't subscribe to SnoGoer, but I'm definately going to pick up an issue for this article.

(I often buy the issues from the stand.)

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get snow goer and AmSnowmobiler. I think I like SnowGoer the best! Both good mags though!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Looks like Cat and Poo were once again the most truthful in their estimated weights, except for the Poo mountain sleds. I'm surprised to see those off by so much. Why didn't they way any Cat powder sleds?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Matt@Dec 10 2002, 09:42 AM
Looks like Cat and Poo were once again the most truthful in their estimated weights, except for the Poo mountain sleds. I'm surprised to see those off by so much. Why didn't they way any Cat powder sleds?
Most truthful!??? Don't think so, they were all wrong! Shows that they all need to weigh the darn things before they leave the factory, not as the concept sled rolls off!

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Some of those weights dont add up. I think there scale had a little bit of help on some of the weights. Just look at the weight difference between the F-5 and F-7. Somethings amiss. I like how Supertrax weighs the sleds. Fully fueled and oiled. You don't ride on an empty tank do you?

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there such thing as a correct scale? I think these will be the best bet for weights! I guess if you are still in doubt, have your own sled weighed.
As the old saying goes, "Don't believe it, 'till I see it!"

·
Registered
861 Posts
All the weights aside.....................................
I have read alot of opinions about the F5 and F7 on this board.
But one thing I have yet to read is. "IT'S TOO SLOW AND TOO HEAVY"
So Kudo's to Cat for beafing up what they needed to, and for putting out a fantastic sled.

Kevin B)

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Captainkev@Dec 10 2002, 12:18 PM
All the weights aside.....................................
I have read alot of opinions about the F5 and F7 on this board.
But one thing I have yet to read is. "IT'S TOO SLOW AND TOO HEAVY"
So Kudo's to Cat for beafing up what they needed to, and for putting out a fantastic sled.

Kevin B)
AMEN! FINALLY! SOMEONE GETS IT!

EXCELLENT JOB CAT! AND TO ALL YOU COMPLAINERS OUT THERE, TRY RIDING THE COMPETITION! WE WILL SEE WHO IS COMPLAINING NEXT!

·
Registered
125 Posts
that thing is BULLLLLLLLLLLL SH*$ I weighed my F-5 SnoPro on my scale in my shop and it weighed 448! i think ill believe 449 seeing i weighed it 3 times and saw for my self

1 - 12 of 12 Posts