Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been posting these in the most used state/province forums, hoping to see clubs get exposure, help, and hopefully to see them TALK about issues unique to them.
PLEASE post any and all Ill. club links! Check some other state / province forums to see how others are doing the same thing! The more we connect, the better it is for snowmobiling!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I saw nickels posted www.supersledders.com

I am the Vice-President and Webmaster of the Kishwaukee Super Sledders. We are always looking for new members.

Join a club. You will sleep good at nights!

Nick

·
Registered
562 Posts
Click on Richmond Trailblazers website and then photo's, a few more pics of summer sledding at DA GROVE

·
Registered
309 Posts
If anyone is interested, the Rusty Runners Of Plainfield will be holding their first snowmobile club meeting of the 2006/2007 season on September 19, 2006. The club has been in existence for over 32 years and is comprised of roughly 40 families with members aging from 13 to 70. The club takes three main trips a year plus other small ones. We go to Cadillac MI, Mercer WI, and Eagle River WI with any where from 20/30 sleds along for the ride. We also do several off season events such as a summer picnic, baseball game, fall bonfire, and a Christmas party.

During the season we meet the third Tuesday of the month at 7:15 at the
L.A. Cafe Formerly known as THE Alamo Restaurant & Cantina
Address: 23003 W Lincoln Hwy # A, Plainfield, IL 60544
Interstate 55 and Route 30

·
Registered
309 Posts
Had the first club meeting tonight. Went pretty good. Had five new members join tonight. Three of witch came from HCS. Turtleheadking, chill2112 and a friend. We had a raffle for all new joining members tonight and gave away a $100.00 gift certificate to Wild Eagle Lodge in Eagle River. Turtlrheadking was the winner. Congratulations to Ray. Thanks to those who came. :banana:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am not a member of any Il clubs, I am a member in the U.P., cause thats where I ride. But I am a member of an IL atv club... it is www.illinoisatvtrailmasters.com. hope nobody minds that it is an atv site. JT[/b]
Even thought you ride in the U.P. as do I. Membership in a local club is important and you most likely will make many new friends and riding partners. Your local club may or may not have a trail network but probably does trips together and other events during the year. Clubs are great social gathering for people of like interests and some of my best friends are in my club. Best move I ever made joining this club. One of the most important benefits of club membership is that you are not just a snowmobiler but involved in organized snowmobiling. That's very important to your legislators. Sadly only about 10% of snowmobilers are club members. That makes legislators who don't know us, view us as not passinate or organized. Enviromentalists on the other hand are viewed as highly organized. That makes fighting them in Washington, Springfield or locally very difficult. Numbers do matter in politics. Thanks for letting me rant. Please consider joining a local club.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Even thought you ride in the U.P. as do I. Membership in a local club is important and you most likely will make many new friends and riding partners. Your local club may or may not have a trail network but probably does trips together and other events during the year. Clubs are great social gathering for people of like interests and some of my best friends are in my club. Best move I ever made joining this club. One of the most important benefits of club membership is that you are not just a snowmobiler but involved in organized snowmobiling. That's very important to your legislators. Sadly only about 10% of snowmobilers are club members. That makes legislators who don't know us, view us as not passinate or organized. Enviromentalists on the other hand are viewed as highly organized. That makes fighting them in Washington, Springfield or locally very difficult. Numbers do matter in politics. Thanks for letting me rant. Please consider joining a local club.[/b]

VERY WELL PUT!! I'm with the Rusty Runners from Plainfield and it does not matter what club you belong to EVERY ONE should belong to a club. Not only should you belong to a club But you should make shure your sleds are registered in the state of ILLINOIS. Yah you may save a few bucks on a trail pass if they are registered out of stete but you are taking money out of the State. 33%of your registration gos to a special fund to reimburse clubs for trail suppies and to provide suppies for the safety classes. How many of you have taken a Safety class with your child or on your own? It boils down to the more active club members that there are registered in the state the more people in power will listen. The more they listen the better off our sport will be!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I read the above post and could not agree more and had to say my peace.

JOIN AN ILLINOIS SNOWMOBILE CLUB ANY CLUB!!!! BE COUNTED

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am a member of the Rochelle Rail Riders Snowmobile Club. I am fairly new but believe it is important for our sport to be involved. If anyone is interested in becoming a member, club meetings are the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at Abraham's Bar and Grill. This is inside the Hickory Grove Conference Center.

For anyone that is close or interested, the club is holding a radar run on the second Sunday of January. Call to make sure (815)516-1765 and ask for Mark or Amy. It is mainly to determine how fast your sled will run. Single sled passes for bragging rights only with a fee of $2 a pass. Each member is allowed 5 free passes. Hope to see you there.

Club membership is a good thing as makes you a more informed sledder. Just tonight, I learned that Illinois really has no official date as to when the trails open. The state is trying to establish this and it will be based on club input. I always thought it was the 15th of December due to deer season.

Anyway, the Rochelle Club is always looking for new members. We have a great time and would like to see you join. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If anyone is interested, the Rusty Runners Of Plainfield will be holding their first snowmobile club meeting of the 2007/2008 season on Tuesday September 18, 2007. The club has been in existence for over 33 years and is comprised of roughly 51 families with members aging from 13 to 70.
The club takes three main trips a year plus other small ones. We go to Cadillac MI, Mercer WI, and Eagle River WI with any where from 20/30 sleds along for the ride. We also do several off season events such as a summer picnic, Joliet Jackhammers baseball game, fall bonfire, Wolves Hocky game and a Christmas party.

Beggars Pizza located 16122 S. Rte 59, Plainfield, IL 60544
(one block south of Renwick on Rte 59)
Any questions call
David Kaleta
708-805-7701

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Gotta miss this one. I have a playoff baseball game. Have a few for me. For those who are not in a club, this is a good group of people that have great events. I will be at the next one for sure.

G

·
If anyone is interested, the Rusty Runners Of Plainfield will be holding their first snowmobile club meeting of the 2007/2008 season on Tuesday September 18, 2007. The club has been in existence for over 33 years and is comprised of roughly 51 families with members aging from 13 to 70.
The club takes three main trips a year plus other small ones. We go to Cadillac MI, Mercer WI, and Eagle River WI with any where from 20/30 sleds along for the ride. We also do several off season events such as a summer picnic, Joliet Jackhammers baseball game, fall bonfire, Wolves Hocky game and a Christmas party.

Beggars Pizza located 16122 S. Rte 59, Plainfield, IL 60544
(one block south of Renwick on Rte 59)
Any questions call
David Kaleta
708-805-7701[/b]

The wife and i just got a sitter for this coming Tuesdays meet. look foward to seeing you guys and joining the club.

trackstand

·
Registered
309 Posts
The wife and i just got a sitter for this coming Tuesdays meet. look foward to seeing you guys and joining the club.
trackstand[/b]
Sounds Great! I am looking forward to haveing you guys join. You will have a great time.
Sarge

1 - 20 of 44 Posts