Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy I feel bad for all those Polaris faithful out there...nothing new from the Red guys again this year. Their market share is going to take a hugh beating in 04.

It's a lot more fun talking about new sleds like the Firecat even with the growing pains than being fed the same old dressed up in new graphics.

If even one or two of the Cat rumors circulating are true they will have buried Polaris. Not only can they not win a Snowcross race, their R & D must be non existant too. Looks like a 2 horse race for now...

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
have a friend that works up there he said he had to take a double take when he seen a sled that looked like a firecat but had spindles that were more like a yamaha than a ac or a doo he said it is the rumored A armed polaris. Guess they are taking Arctic Cat 101 classes again

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by chiefkp@Feb 19 2003, 10:28 PM
Boy I feel bad for all those Polaris faithful out there...nothing new from the Red guys again this year.  Their market share is going to take a hugh beating in 04.  

It's a lot more fun talking about new sleds like the Firecat even with the growing pains than being fed the same old dressed up in new graphics.

If even one or two of the Cat rumors circulating are true they will have buried Polaris.  Not only can they not win a Snowcross race, their R & D must be non existant too.  Looks like a 2 horse race for now...

Cheers.
Polaris builds some good stuff, and I used to be a die hard fan unitl the 1998 models came out. It was snow check time, and the big Poo show was on in Minneapolis. Poo had just released their 600 twin, and with all the hype about the ponies being produced by the new domestic twins, I sped off to see the "new" models. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the new 600 sitting there in the wedgie chassis, complete with chrome handwarmer switch located by your right ankle, and a headlight out of a 1976 Liquifire. I ordered a 98 ZR 600 the following week. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by chiefkp@Feb 19 2003, 09:28 PM
Boy I feel bad for all those Polaris faithful out there...nothing new from the Red guys again this year. Their market share is going to take a hugh beating in 04.

If even one or two of the Cat rumors circulating are true they will have buried Polaris. Not only can they not win a Snowcross race, their R & D must be non existant too. Looks like a 2 horse race for now...

Cheers.
They tool a big beaten this year, a lot of sleds still in the crate at the dealers and the factory.

·
Registered
517 Posts
They tool a big beaten this year, a lot of sleds still in the crate at the dealers and the factory.[/b]
How do you figure they took a beating when they made record profits this year? Check out there figures sometime this year was a good one for the polaris stock holders. I cant imagine the 4 wheelers are doing it all.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I cant imagine the 4 wheelers are doing it all.[/b]
Their ATV's are doing it all!!!

Just think, Polaris got way behind this year with the intro of the Fcats. Now they are just getting even further behind. Kind of like when Cat came out with the ZR's.

Cat S.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Never owned a Polaris and probably never will at the rate they seem to be going, but I will say that they do have the most loyal following of all the makers. They seem to be way behind in everything but engines but talk to anyone who owns a poo and they will tel you how nice they are, how technoligically superior they are, how good the ride is, etc. They have always sold well even when they are playing catch up. Look at how many XC edges are out there and that was a reaction to the ZR 5 years later. ACs loyalty is very high but most seems to be repeat business, because we are the educated ones. Ask most newbies to the sport and they want a Polaris. The good side to that is that they leave the best to us.

·
Administrator
20,818 Posts
I agree with Earl.

I ride with a couple guys who are EXTREME die-hard Poo guys. We had this conversation last weekend, and it seems like Poo is going to wait one more year before coming out with the new iron (A-arms I hear?). Reason being, they need to take it easy on the dealers who are stuck with leftovers from this year and the previous year (poor winters = poor sled sales).

Yes, they had great profits this past year ... but it wasn't due to their sled sales.

Chris

·
Registered
606 Posts
Labonte is absolutely correct. Owner of lodge I stayed at this week had the factory polaris race team at his lodge on tug hill for race at vernon downs.

Factory guys told him polaris has had new sled ready and waiting for some time now and will not bring it out until pipeline of crated sleds is gone. They could lose upward of 40 million $$ buy bringinging it out now. This is sound business decision as to not stick their dealers with obsolete or unpopular sleds while not losing too much market share though they did take some beating with the REV since ski-doo has more market share of sleds for the 1st time in many years.

In the mean time they will continue to test and develope their new sled so that when it does come out it will be reliable. Can't knock polaris for that.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by cmscat50@Feb 20 2003, 08:59 AM
I cant imagine the 4 wheelers are doing it all.
Their ATV's are doing it all!!!

Just think, Polaris got way behind this year with the intro of the Fcats. Now they are just getting even further behind. Kind of like when Cat came out with the ZR's.

Cat S.[/b][/quote]
Poo's lost major market share in the Mountain Sleds. The MC 900 kicked their butts bad.

The ATV market is what they are making it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
(cmscat50 @ Feb 20 2003, 08:59 AM)  
I cant imagine the 4 wheelers are doing it all.  

Their ATV's are doing it all!!![/b]

If their atv's are doing it all than they are bummin.I cant even count how many 700 Sportsman I have royaly spanked with my Grizz 660. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually boys, and girls....it's their Victory Motorcycles that have increased in sales...They released a Vegas addition that actually has some nice asthetics....

Does the Pro-XR really have a narrowed track????? :huh:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by darylg@Feb 20 2003, 04:47 PM
The XR receives Walker Evans shocks - valved slightly softer for trail riding, the XR racer seat – identical to the 440 racer that puts the driver 3” higher and 3” further forward, a 14” x 1-3/8” Sno X race track, racer grips, handlebar hooks, and race-style throttle block. This machine is designed for the rider who makes aggressive trail riders look like pansies and would not be satisfied with anything less.

Cut and Paste from Maxsled ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp+Feb 20 2003, 05:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-darylg
@Feb 20 2003, 04:47 PM

The XR receives Walker Evans shocks - valved slightly softer for trail riding, the XR racer seat – identical to the 440 racer that puts the driver 3” higher and 3” further forward, a 14” x 1-3/8” Sno X race track, racer grips, handlebar hooks, and race-style throttle block. This machine is designed for the rider who makes aggressive trail riders look like pansies and would not be satisfied with anything less.

Cut and Paste from Maxsled ;)[/b]
This is looking to be my next sled if Cat does not pull some thing big out like a 800cc in the real Sno Pro chassis with real suspension & track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts