Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tools are required to install this kit into a 700 Sabercat.

Any help would be appreciated.

LBD

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by firecatfever@Oct 17 2005, 03:14 PM
What year?    2005 or newer will be a bit more complicated due to the Diamond Drive.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935105
[/quote]

This is a 2005 Sabercat. No diamond drive on Sabercats.

LBD

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by lordbumdragger@Oct 17 2005, 01:23 PM
This is a 2005 Sabercat. No diamond drive on Sabercats.

LBD
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935121
[/quote]

oh, I didn't realize that the sabercats don't have the DD.

The only "special" tool you will need is a Clutch puller to get the primary off. Other than that you will need a half inch wrench to get the secondary off, and apart.

You will need a 1/2" socket to get the primary bolt off, and then use the clutch puller as I mentioned. You will need a Torx bit (forgot what size) to get the primary apart, and to take out the pins that hold the weights in.

Not much to it :div20:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Firecatfever for the help. I was looking through a sled catalogue and saw a number of different clutch tools and thought maybe I was heading for a large cost for tools as I really want to do this work myself.

LBD

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
....and actually you don't NEED a clutch puller. Just a torx bit and 1/2" wrench to get the secondary apart. Puller makes it much easier though....tight quarters otherwise.

·
Registered
148 Posts
oh, I didn't realize that the sabercats don't have the DD.

The only "special" tool you will need is a Clutch puller to get the primary off. Other than that you will need a half inch wrench to get the secondary off, and apart.

You will need a 1/2" socket to get the primary bolt off, and then use the clutch puller as I mentioned. You will need a Torx bit (forgot what size) to get the primary apart, and to take out the pins that hold the weights in.

Not much to it :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935128
[/quote

For the 1/2 inch socket it needs to be a 12 pt. A 6 pt. will not work. (at least on my 2003)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
IF you are going to remove the secondary and primary. Get a 14" 3/4" dia threaded rod - 4 nuts and 4 large dia washers. You cna put the readyrod into a vise to use it as a makeshift compressor. It is much easier to disassemble and reassemble the clutches. And safer.

Also DO NOT forget to puit alignment marks on the assemblies prior to dissassembly!!!

Also a small torch to heat the setscrew on the flyweights would be good.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because the bolt has a 12pt head on it :div20:

d'oh :banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts