Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what you all use for "GOOD" octane booster if the octane is to low at the pump or if you suspect poor quality fuel? What's the best bang for the buck?
Thanks in advance :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
They plain flat out don,t do squat. At best they will remove moisture & stabilize fuel but that is it! A hole bottle in 5 gallons of fuel will raise octane from 87 way up to a whopping 87.1! Do a search on octane boosters on this forum..it has been discussed to death!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sometimes it gets rid of knocking when i run 87 octane used it a couple times no performance gains or any thing thought.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Turk@Aug 28 2005, 08:49 PM
They plain flat out don,t do squat. At best they will remove moisture & stabilize fuel but that is it! A hole bottle in 5 gallons of fuel will raise octane from 87 way up to a whopping 87.1! Do a search on octane boosters on this forum..it has been discussed to death!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851328
[/quote]

Well that's disapointing! Ad a little race gas perhaps?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
the best way to use octain booster is to not, mix some race gas in 1:1 or 2:1 to get the octqain you need. they have tanks that go on the back of most sled models so it'd be easy to mix at the pump if your on a long outing.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That works for me! :beerchug: We have 110 octane across the bay from us. Perhaps I should stock up now prior to the huricane hitting and jacking up the prices :augen41:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
alright... i got a question.... My sled requires 92 octene with the heads i got on it. Say i'm out in the boondocks and come to alittle ma and pa station and they only have 87 octene. How much 110 octane would i have to add to say 5 gallons to bring it to were i need it?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by ZRman_31@Aug 28 2005, 09:22 PM
alright... i got a question.... My sled requires 92 octene with the heads i got on it. Say i'm out in the boondocks and come to alittle ma and pa station and they only have 87 octene. How much 110 octane would i have to add to say 5 gallons to bring it to were i need it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851389
[/quote]

50/50 sould give you 98.5.......

Torco Racing Fuels is the first and only race fuel manufacturer to produce a real race fuel concentrate that performs like a race fuel. This product is not an octane boost; it is a race fuel concentrate that transforms to produce higher octane fuels when proper mixing instructions are followed. Torco Race Fuel Accelerator is available in both leaded and unleaded. Both leaded and leaded accelerator is available to order individually by the 32oz bottle, by the case, or 5 gallon pails.

Blend the Leaded concentrate with 100 low lead aviation fuels to get up to 112-octane race fuel that really flies!!!! This concentrate when blended with a race fuel makes a Nitrous fuel to fit many applications. The Leaded concentrate makes up to a 106-octane race fuel when blended properly. Plus giving the needed lubricity of LEAD!!!

This is not a kerosene this is a true nitro addtive. The only way to fly.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I wouldn't buy high octane gas now to use in the winter.........by the time you use it you'll have low octane gas! :augen41:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Aug 29 2005, 09:09 AM
50/50 sould give you 98.5.......

Torco Racing Fuels is the first and only race fuel manufacturer to produce a real race fuel concentrate that performs like a race fuel. This product is not an octane boost; it is a race fuel concentrate that transforms to produce higher octane fuels when proper mixing instructions are followed. Torco Race Fuel Accelerator is available in both leaded and unleaded. Both leaded and leaded accelerator is available to order individually by the 32oz bottle, by the case, or 5 gallon pails.

Blend the Leaded concentrate with 100 low lead aviation fuels to get up to 112-octane race fuel that really flies!!!! This concentrate when blended with a race fuel makes a Nitrous fuel to fit many applications. The Leaded concentrate makes up to a 106-octane race fuel when blended properly. Plus giving the needed lubricity of LEAD!!!

This is not a kerosene this is a true nitro addtive.  The only way to fly.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851681

DonoBBD........Do you happen to know the mixing ratio that Torco recommends to achieve 93/94 octane from a poor grade of 87 octane unleaded pump fuel? In Wisconsin I fear we are going to see most of our gas contain ethanol this winter. I'm just trying to get a heads up on this octane thing. Thanks in advance :beerchug:
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Bluebear, you hit the nail square on the head touluine or xyline (sp) are great for bumping octane we in the turbo import scene use this all the time

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by fastzilla@Aug 30 2005, 09:02 PM
Bluebear, you hit the nail square on the head """touluine""" or """xyline""" (sp) are great for bumping octane we in the turbo import scene use this all the time
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854230
[/quote]

Is this the correct spelling on these 2 products :dunno: Can't locate any with these spellings!

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by ZR800DITCHDOCKER@Aug 30 2005, 06:32 PM
Is this the correct spelling on these 2 products :dunno: Can't locate any with these spellings!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854291
[/quote]

I believe its Toluene, theres alot of good threads about this kinda stuff on snowest.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by ZRman_31@Aug 30 2005, 09:28 PM
that octane calculator is GREAT!!! thanks DonoBBD!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854284
[/quote]

No problem man...... :div20:

Originally posted by ZR800DITCHDOCKER@Aug 30 2005, 09:32 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854291
[/quote]

Toluene, Xylene, and Benzene are nere the same products. Found in paint thinner. Most paint thinner is pure Toluene. :div20: Benzene, toluene and xylene are relatively common chemicals in industry and even in nature. They are volatile, meaning that they vaporize to gases easily. As liquids, they are solvents (chemicals that can dissolve other chemicals) and therefore make good bases for glues, lacquers, dyes and cleaners. These guys realy realy like to blend well with fuel stock.

Benzene is the heavyest and best for octane boosting. Then Toluene and xylene last because it is the lightest. It will take more xylene to bring octane up than benzene.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts