Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made the 7 hour journey to Langton, ND for some early season testing. Got to like the thoughts of riding on October 8th in the midwest. Snow was melting fast, but plenty in the ditches up there to put on a few miles. Brought along the new Apex, a new Crossfire, and a 05 F7 with our F9 single piped big bore. Put about 25 miles on the Apex. It rides really nice, has great throttle response, and is a true musclesled. The Fox floats on the front worked great an soaked up the bumps nicely. The rear seems to rebound a little to fast and will have a tendency to kick up in the rear on really big bumps. Just below halfway of the cool adjustable shock seems to be best for me, I'm just over 200lbs.
I'll have the new Yamaha Supertips in the near future and we'll begin clutch kit testing. Hoping to have it on my Superflow dyno next week.
Will be working on a new exhaust system shortly too.
All in all, after just 25 miles on the Apex, I give it a thumbs up for sure. Good job Yamaha!
Fun sled!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I love everything about the sled except for the back christ it's bigger than j-lo's ass!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts