Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a choice to buy either a SP or St. Here is the problem The SP has 282 miles on it and does not come with any warrenty and the ST has 0 Miles and has a one year warrenty on it plus it also has reveres. Right now I have an 03 Sno Pro and love it. I am just woundering which way to go on this. The warrenty would sure be nice to have but so wouldn't the Float shocks. So any one have any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have a sno-pro now, you might not like the standards ride. Is either one a EFI? that might help make up your mind, unless there both EFI's, or Carbs!!!!
Is it a 05? Most leftovers are offered w/a 3 yr warrante.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Standards are faster since they are lower and have the lower lug track, but they are too soft for me. I like the Sno pro's ride much better, the floats are nice.
But the 05 sno pro doesn't have the top speed the standard has. If you want top end you need to put the 1 inch track on the sno pro and don't get to crazy with the pressure in the floats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are both EFI. My dealer is telling me that is is only coming with a one year warrante is that normal or does the 3 year come standard.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Maybe you could get the standard and then swap the shocks with you 03 snopro. Might be a good selling point for the 03 to have brand new shocks. You wouldn't have the floats on your new sled, but you would have the snopro ride.

Maybe it's not a good idea. I don't know, I just through the idea out there.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Pretty certain the new '05 should be coming with a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i just bought an 05 left over sno pro and it came with a 3 year warranty, also bought an 05 black widow standard and that came with a 4 year warranty....better check around....i was told if you by before end of oct. 3 year is standard

·
Registered
255 Posts
I believe the 3-year warranty on 05 leftovers ended on October 1st. If purchased after that you only get a 1-year warranty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dealer told me that the 3 Year is only on the left over ones that they have in there shop no ones that they are still ordering from the factory. I am just not sure which one to go with. How different is the ride between the SP and ST?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
if it were me I would just keep your 03. BUT, if you have to get a new sled I would buy the standard and swap the shocks from the snopro after freshening them up of course then sell the 03 with the new shocks but that is just me

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by browne79@Oct 17 2005, 11:41 PM
I have a choice to buy either a SP or St. Here is the problem The SP has 282 miles on it and does not come with any warrenty and the ST has 0 Miles and has a one year warrenty on it plus it also has reveres. Right now I have an 03 Sno Pro and love it. I am just woundering which way to go on this. The warrenty would sure be nice to have but so wouldn't the Float shocks. So any one have any suggestions would be great
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936726
[/quote]

The other thing you have to think about is since the standard has reverse it also has a chaincase rather then Diamond Drive...If you have never delt with DD, it's an entirely different animal...it requires additional tuning skills, and not everyone has figured them out yet...BUT, they also have a lower CG and tend to handle much better. Tough choice, but I bought a std on my Firecat and have regretted it everyday since. I mod my sleds so the warranty issues aren't that big of a deal to me, although technically my sled is still under warranty.

Mike

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I saw that the Sno Pro had miles on it. Was it a trade in or did the dealer put the miles on it. The warranty's are transferable from one owner to the other. Thats why I'm alittle puzzled about the no warranty thing on the sno pro.

I have the 05 sno pro and love it. Everyone I let ride it loved it to, but had to kick them off before they made off with it. You gotta love the way they suck up bumps and launches you off the start. Go SNO PRO and you won't go wrong.

Check it out l
l
l
l
V

·
Registered
127 Posts
i like the ride of the standard it's a little more plush but i would pick the snopro miles or no miles warranty or no warranty the bigger track on the snopro when oyu punch it, it hooks up very well it takes off like a rocket but the standard tends to have a little more track spin either sled is very nice to ride I think

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by fastzilla@Oct 18 2005, 11:26 AM
if it were me I would just keep your 03. BUT, if you have to get a new sled I would buy the standard and swap the shocks from the snopro after freshening them up of course then sell the 03 with the new shocks  but that is just me
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937633
[/quote]

That's not just your idea. See above post.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
yea its like night and day between the snopro and standard. I bought a standard at the beginning of last year. I already have the (sno pro) fox zero pros on the back and the heavy duty snopro springs on the front. I had the standard suspension maxed out on my sled and the snopros minimums setting is stiffer. If you like your snopro then definately get another snopro, or switch shocks. Another big decision for you to make is do you want ACT drive or a conventional chaincase? If the standard has reverse then it has the chaincase. Also how much are you really saving on the 05. it might be better for you to go out and buy an 06 with the four year warranty and get exactly what you want. Just some things to think about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts