Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to purchase an o3 sno pro so my boys and i can start amateur racing but would also like to be able to trail ride this sled if the racing thing fails how big of a job is it to change heads and oil pump to trail ride this sled 1 or 2 hrs more..?\
has any body rode this sled i would like input as to how it compares to the f7.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very Difficult. The sled has no oil pump at all. Need to pre mix gas. It also has no rear heat exchanger. Outside of that no to bad. You can change the heads easy enough to drop the compression.

·
Registered
290 Posts
also if you don't lower the compression it needs 110 race fuel.....around here thats +$6.00 a gallon and you can not fill up on the trail

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
You can add the rear heat exchanger (same as what was on the 02 sleds) since the running board exchangers are still on the sled. (Just not hooked up) Talk to the dealer about the heads and the exchanger. Make sure it is something he could do, so you know they can get all the parts!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
You don't need to put an oil pump on. Just get some 100:1 synthetic amsoil and mix that in. You can carry those bottles in your coat if you want. Even with low compression heads you will still need 92 octane gas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like all the advice from guys who don't even own one. Yes it's trailable, yes it's pre-mix only ( 40:1 ), Yes it's 110 race fuel only, if you race at all keep it that way if you want to burn regular gas and $6.00 a gallon is a problem, buy a F-5. The heat exchanger is not an problem as long as your in any kind of snow. The suspension is stiffer than a F-7 sp. If you put 02 heads on, carb adjustments will be needed too or it will be way to lean. Also every F-5 will kick your a**. with the downgrades don't know wy anyone would want to do this.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think Arctic Cat has the trailable kits for Sno Pro... But not sure.... Why not you contact the Master Dealer about that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm sure you could trail ride it in stock form without any problems, as long as you retard the timing a little, and run race gas. I've ridden mine in very little snow and I haven't had any overheating problems. But, this sled was designed for snocross, and I can't see killing the performance of it by installing the '02 heads. Completely defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just received an email toady from the race dept. they stated that they have not yet made a trail kit for the zr 440 sno pro. They do hope to make one but are unsure if it will happen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah, but do you really think an f5 could possibly be as quick as a snopro? what can i do to mine to make it just as fast in a short drag? i dont care about going 100mph, i really wouldnt care if it didnt do over 70. I just want a lot more response, like wheelie power.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
You can get a sno pro to beat a F5 on top end if you really wanted to. Just need to gear it right. Acceleration would be bad though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I called speedwerx and they said that if you lower the domes down it'll run like shit and if you want to hook a oil pump up--you better know what you're doing or it'll blow up on you in a second.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts