Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PARADE CUT FROM CHERRY FESTIVAL
A Traverse City parade that has been around for 30 years is becoming
history. The National Cherry Festival is cutting its annual Heritage
Parade, as well as dropping all televised parade coverage. It's a move
that will save the festival a lot of money. Festival workers say TV
coverage of all three parades costs about $21,000. And the Heritage
Parade itself costs another $25,000 to $30,000. The Heritage Parade was
the newest of the three parades the festival puts on.

In other Michigan news:

GRANHOLM VETOES FARMLAND BILL
Governor Granholm vetoed a farmland preservation measure yesterday. The
bill was introduced by Representative Howard Walker of Traverse City. The
bill would have created a tax credit for agriculture property to refund
any amount levied more than $7 an acre. It also would have saved Michigan
farmers an average of about two-thirds on their property tax bill. The
Governor says she vetoed the bill because the state continues to face
fiscal challenges.

(My commentary: So when they can't pay their tax bill, how does that help the fiscal challenge? I'm not a farmer, but I know it's been tough on them lately. What is she hoping, they sell their land and build more subdivisions with $300,000 homes? :banghead: )

Weather: Another Mild Day... but Changes Brewing

UPPER PENINSULA:
Today: Mostly Cloudy, AM Drizzle
Winds: SW-W 6-13 Highs: 38-44
Tonight: Drizzle early, light snow dev. up to 1" by am Winds: W-NW 5-13 Lows: 27-33
NORTHERN LOWER:
Today: Mostly Cloudy, AM Drizzle/Showers
Winds: SW-W 6-13 Highs: 44-48
Tonight: Drizzle early, light snow dev. up to 2" by am
Winds: W-NW 5-12 Lows: 28-35

·
Banned
695 Posts
Granholm is a twat....thanks City of Detroit for listening to Kwame and voting for her. The sad thing is that they are all part of the Ed McNamara political cabal....they don't give a shit about anything North of Flint. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'd say you called that one,sell out to a developer,who builds new housing for the b boomers, they pay rediculus taxes on their "other" home,then she looks great.Of course now the farmer is on welfare because he owed almost as much as the developer paid,but we wont hear about that..................

·
Registered
669 Posts
Granholm is a twat....thanks City of Detroit for listening to Kwame and voting for her. The sad thing is that they are all part of the Ed McNamara political cabal....they don't give a shit about anything North of Flint. :banghead:[/b]

Twat? That's funny. I haven't heard that word used in context since about 1987-88. Man we're getting old...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Granholm is a twat....thanks City of Detroit for listening to Kwame and voting for her. The sad thing is that they are all part of the Ed McNamara political cabal....they don't give a shit about anything North of Flint. :banghead:[/b]
TWAT did ya say Judge!! That is some funny shit. Not disagreeing, just laughing @ the reference to the T word.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

:div20: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Banned
695 Posts
TWAT did ya say Judge!! That is some funny shit. Not disagreeing, just laughing @ the reference to the T word.[/b]
It's an oldie but a goody! :celebrating:

·
Registered
669 Posts
TWAT? I c*nt hear you, I have an ear in f*cktion.

THe new HCS buzz word :dunno:[/b]

Let me grow my mullet back first...

·
Registered
669 Posts
you sure are... :wut60: :frech11:[/b]

Don't make me come over there whipper snapper :wut60:

I may run over your mail box on the way home from the bar tonight just for good measure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.