Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to register my sled, if there is snow and we can put some miles on. For now I want to register (or actually renew.. but it has expired) my F7.. then later on when I get my wife's sled running I want to register hers.

I will be joining a club, but how can I join quickly and get the proof to register with the DMV. What club should I join in the Tug Hill area? Also, is there any other place other than the DMV to register. I wish the process was easier.

Hope the snow continues..

Thanks

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of.. but probably would have kicked myself harder if I spent 70.00 and had to ride in VT or Maine and register again.

Oh well, the DMV in Broome county is open 8-5 mon - fri.. looks like I will leave the house by 7am.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Its a gamble but....I did all my shit in November-trailer 2 sleds etc.Even had time left on my trailer reg.I took the hit just so I can do both sleds and trailer all at once next year etc..Sure I may eat it,but to me its better than scrambling around and waiting at the mailbox for a voucher,then trying to find time to get to DMV and waiting with all the other people who waited.They will be in DMV looking out the window while I'm out riding.I know not everyone can afford to take a chance,but to me its worth it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I am looking to register my sled, if there is snow and we can put some miles on. For now I want to register (or actually renew.. but it has expired) my F7.. then later on when I get my wife's sled running I want to register hers.

I will be joining a club, but how can I join quickly and get the proof to register with the DMV. What club should I join in the Tug Hill area? Also, is there any other place other than the DMV to register. I wish the process was easier.

Hope the snow continues..

Thanks[/b]

If your going up 12 there is a DMV on your left in the center of town behind the Courthouse. You can join a club there and get your registration.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will probably go to the DMV in Binghamton. I am about 45 min drive to that one.

I still am looking for some people to go up with, if anyone is interested in going Thursday.

Broome Motor Vehicle
181 Clinton Street
Binghamton, NY 13901

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
what exactly do i need to bring to the dmv to register my sled cuz i have to do it tommarow actually i have to register mine n my dads...also ne1 no how much it costs per sled??

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rules changed for this year. The reg is 45.00 and if you do not have a voucher that you belong to a NY club, it is an additional 55.00.

I would go to the link I posted and join a club. If not the Osceola Snowmobile Club, then choose one from that site that is in the area that you ride. For most famliy memberships it is 25.00 and you can register your two sleds in NY for 45 each.. plus the single 25.00 charge.

I would print the reg form from the NY DMV website and fill it out, also take your reg from your state, ID and insurance info...

https://www.nyssnowassoc.org/clubs/membersh...php?club_id=760

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
The rules changed for this year. The reg is 45.00 and if you do not have a voucher that you belong to a NY club, it is an additional 55.00.

I would go to the link I posted and join a club. If not the Osceola Snowmobile Club, then choose one from that site that is in the area that you ride. For most famliy memberships it is 25.00 and you can register your two sleds in NY for 45 each.. plus the single 25.00 charge.

I would print the reg form from the NY DMV website and fill it out, also take your reg from your state, ID and insurance info...

https://www.nyssnowassoc.org/clubs/membersh...php?club_id=760[/b]

do they all have printable vouchers? from what i understand, guys in my area are having a tough time getting theirs in the mail from our local club.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
PJB, what time you leaving Thr? Also, where are you planning on staying?

It's a long shot for me, but I may leave Thr AM early, going through Binghamton as early as possible (originally going through at 7ish, but unless I can find a DMV further north, may need to go through Binghamton around the time the DMV opens).

Like I said, too soon to know if I can go.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PJB, what time you leaving Thr? Also, where are you planning on staying?

It's a long shot for me, but I may leave Thr AM early, going through Binghamton as early as possible (originally going through at 7ish, but unless I can find a DMV further north, may need to go through Binghamton around the time the DMV opens).

Like I said, too soon to know if I can go.[/b]
If I can leave my driveway by 7am.. I should make the DMV by the time it opens at 8am.

I have no place to stay yet, but I have stayed in the Edge Hotel a few times.. that place is nice. PM me and maybe we can get some more info.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do they all have printable vouchers? from what i understand, guys in my area are having a tough time getting theirs in the mail from our local club.[/b]

I am not sure, but if you buy thru the website.. you can print a copy after you purchase it online... Thats how I understand it from the notes on the site. I have to join the club yet.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
I am not sure, but if you buy thru the website.. you can print a copy after you purchase it online... Thats how I understand it from the notes on the site. I have to join the club yet.[/b]

i saw that, i hope to hell that dmv accepts it. i have my clubs page from that site up and filled out except for the credit card part. my wife has my checking account card. :banghead:

gonna try and rustle up some of the boys for a trip on thursday.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i saw that, i hope to hell that dmv accepts it. i have my clubs page from that site up and filled out except for the credit card part. my wife has my checking account card. :banghead:
gonna try and rustle up some of the boys for a trip on thursday.[/b]

Let me know how the voucher printing goes. I am sure the DMV will accept it, it is straight from the NYSSA.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts