Hardcore Sledder banner

Number of Snowchecks.

14K views 72 replies 49 participants last post by  stevem5215 
#1 ·
If you know how many sleds you’re dealer snowchecked post it here.

You don’t have to name your dealer just the numbers if you know.

The last I knew my dealer was just under 100.

#2 ·
Would also be interesting to see numbers this year vs. last year for individual dealers

#6 ·
Not sure a year-over-year comparison is a good apples to apples. The pandemic hit this time 2020, making dealers and buyers optimistic about the '20-'21 season and reserving cash. Spring orders were down overall for MY21. If it weren't for the pandemic, I'm sure these figures would have been higher than what is reported.

A better comparison would be looking at 2019 spring orders or the average of the last three Spring orders ('18-'20). What I would be curious to know is the mix of MY22 total Spring orders. How many are new buyers to the sport versus existing.

#11 ·
Not sure a year-over-year comparison is a good apples to apples. The pandemic hit this time 2020, making dealers and buyers optimistic about the '20-'21 season and reserving cash. Spring orders were down overall for MY21. If it weren't for the pandemic, I'm sure these figures would have been higher than what is reported.

A better comparison would be looking at 2019 spring orders or the average of the last three Spring orders ('18-'20). What I would be curious to know is the mix of MY22 total Spring orders. How many are new buyers to the sport versus existing.
My dealer had close to 50 for 19, 40ish for 20, 35 for 21 and now close to 100 for 22.

#8 · (Edited)
2021 wasn't a bad year for my dealer... I don't remember 2019 being much better (the winter of 2017/2018 had low snow, and new 2018 sleds were 4K off MSRP in the spring of 2018).

Edit: My dealer said he checked a total 122 sleds. That's roughly 42 Polaris and 80 Skidoo. Both totals are approximately double vs last year (and 2021 numbers were pretty close to 2020 numbers). This is definitely his best year ever, by far.

#18 ·
2021 wasn't a bad year for my dealer... I don't remember 2019 being much better (the winter of 2017/2018 had low snow, and new 2018 sleds were 4K off MSRP in the spring of 2018).

My dealer said he's checked around 130 sleds so far. That's roughly 40 Polaris and 90 Skidoo, and both are approximately double from last year (and 2021 numbers were pretty close to 2020 numbers). This is definitely his best year ever, by far.
i grabbed my 18 xcr at that point

#19 ·
i am kind of choked because my sled never showed until Jan 10. So my dealer phones and asks why I have not snochecked yet. And then says he is down on spring orders. Really. Be nice if they would give me fair Ching for my 2021.Not a chance. Understand about the times we are in but I have been loyal to poo for along time and they just haven't done enough to make me pre order ever again.

#21 ·
I get what you are saying but I believe the day is coming that if you want a new “starfire” type sled you will need to snowcheck it. There may always be back outs but may not get color or options you want. I keep my previous sled until new one comes so I’m not worried about having a sled to ride. That being said my latest sc delivery was first week of December. So I haven’t missed out on any riding.

#22 ·
One of my dealers sold slightly more in 2021 than 2019 and 2020.
For 2022 he killed it. 2nd week into March he already doubled 2021.
I haven't talked to him for a few weeks but I bet he tripled it?
Last year with Covid Supply chain issues he still had all his sleds in by December.
Many were on the floor without front shocks but they were rolling in quickly in mid-Dec.

#24 ·
Near as I can tell from posts on various sites, Polaris had an effective dumpster sale on holdovers during the calendar years 2018-2019. They seamed to finally figure out that cranking out a surplus of sleds year after year only leads to them sitting at dealers until they give dealers the rebates to lower the customer price on these holdovers. This along with Covid related demand has lead to the near elimination of dealer inventories, especially for popular models. Add in strategic snow check only offerings puts demand on snowchecks sleds with options not available from dealer stock in the fall (if there is any this year at all). For these reasons I don't think comparing snowcheck numbers year to year is going to give an accurate picture in any way that can be summed up simply.

#32 ·
2021 Matryx Assault - Just under 1400 miles. All my Shocks and 1.6" Track have zero miles. 3 years warranty
Electric start, Safety Kill cord switch, heated shield plug, Mirrors and LED under carriage lights
I'll be asking $14k and provide flexibility if need be? I'm guessing I'll easily get over $13k with the market as it is?

For the guy that likes lots of accessories at a nice discount mine is loaded with extra's for a little extra dough.
I generally have people come see my sleds as is first then they can tell me what they don't want and I take it off.

I suspect any 2021 VR1 and Matryx Assaults w/ 7S gauges that post for anywhere in the $12k range will be gone immediately? Who knows? We will see.

#35 ·
A word of advice, to those selling. I have seen myself, how quickly these used sleds are being sold. Potential buyers calling half an hour after the listing is posted, are told it is sold. Be sure you list it for a high enough selling price, and don't lower it too quickly. You can always repost with a lower price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.