Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The one thing you missed to mention is all it will take is one bad winter of not being able to ride that 12k + new sled and they will bail. Bet you see a lot on marketplace looking to trade for a boat or wheeler.
oh yeah, a warm winter will do it. i don't want warm winters but that's when i got the best spring deals. i got porked this time , but i knew what to expect given the times. even if the people are out there , i can hide pretty good

·
Registered
2021 850 Assault 146, 2019 Pantera 6000, 1975 Jag 340, 1973 Colt S/S 340
128 Posts
Local dealer reported snow check increase from 25 (2021) to 67 (2022) when they were cut off.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,857 Posts
Whether there is an increase or not depends on what the winter was like. My immediate area had the worst snow in about 10 years. Trails open for about 3 weeks, conditions poor for most of that. Consequently, not a lot of miles put on sleds. Dealers have non-currents on their sales floor (even some pretty desirable models) and not a huge rush to snowcheck. On the other hand, sales of SxS and ATVs took off again as soon as the weather warmed up...

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
That's a factor for sure. Here in NY there was about a 4 week window of riding which is actually good considering it was 4 straight weeks. Up in the higher areas they were able to squeeze out a little more time but not a ton. But I agree that past winter makes a huge impact on the next.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If he went over his allotment he's getting no floor models, unless something has changed
Skidoo wouldn't let him order any floor models. Polaris let him order 6 but he thinks he might not get them. Or he will get them very late in the year, basically floor models for the 22/23 season.

This dealer has 15 Polaris and 5 doo leftovers, so I guess he'll have something to sell. The Doo models are basic but the Poo's look good. Only 1 Matryx.

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
it was a bad winter everywhere in the U.S. and most of Canada. i talk to guys from everywhere. we always ask how it is where each of us are. from Roseau to Lac- st. jean. so to have a huge increase in snow checks in a previous poor winter is pretty amazing. Polaris is building sleds everyone want. plane and simple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question about my sled Polaris 650 146 switchback ok so I have been going though a lot off plugs it has past the brake in point 30hrs ok so I use 87 octan cause I live up in Nunavut where it’s remote and I got my sled flown in though air cargo which cost like 2600 to get in and also I my idoling is really slow when it’s starts at 1450-1500 rpm and when cold start and also was told by the dealership they only way they can help me is my sled is back at the dealership i was told by other guys on Facebook that if I get an tpstool I can fix my throttl posit sensor and was told my ecu needed to be reflash by the guys from Facebook and that fixed the problems and no more foul plugs also the dealership won’t accept my ecu if I send it though mail or air cargo I don’t under stand seems like I gotta take all this into my own hands all I need to get is an ecu flash diver where can I find the tool? Or is there another dealership that I can send my ecu to?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have a question about my sled Polaris 650 146 switchback ok so I have been going though a lot off plugs it has past the brake in point 30hrs ok so I use 87 octan cause I live up in Nunavut where it’s remote and I got my sled flown in though air cargo which cost like 2600 to get in and also I my idoling is really slow when it’s starts at 1450-1500 rpm and when cold start and also was told by the dealership they only way they can help me is my sled is back at the dealership i was told by other guys on Facebook that if I get an tpstool I can fix my throttl posit sensor and was told my ecu needed to be reflash by the guys from Facebook and that fixed the problems and no more foul plugs also the dealership won’t accept my ecu if I send it though mail or air cargo I don’t under stand seems like I gotta take all this into my own hands all I need to get is an ecu flash diver where can I find the tool? Or is there another dealership that I can send my ecu to?
I am from the Western side, Kugluktuk. The new motors, the tps is fixed(not adjustable anymore). So I haven’t tackled the tps adjust past the 800HO’s. NorthstarRick on here used to be able to ship him the ECU and he can reflash it on a different sled. But I never got around the chance to send mine in. Can’t remember which dealer offered to do it too a few years ago. Diggerz/Cycle works/ or One of the Edmonton area dealers. They just needed to have a sled similar to yours they said.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it was a bad winter everywhere in the U.S. and most of Canada. i talk to guys from everywhere. we always ask how it is where each of us are. from Roseau to Lac- st. jean. so to have a huge increase in snow checks in a previous poor winter is pretty amazing. Polaris is building sleds everyone want. plane and simple.
Same here in Ontario with lots of snowchecks but was one of the best winters in a number of years

·
Registered
97 Posts
Same here in Ontario with lots of snowchecks but was one of the best winters in a number of years
I Agree, north of Gravenhurst was amazing all winter, no meltdowns since Christmas. Only issue was the the prick at the North Bay/Parry Sound Health unit closing trails in just that area, would have had my best year by triple if they were open in Feb.

·
Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,316 Posts
I wondered who did that. And why not the rest of the system around it. North Bay had to have suffered due to that extended closure.

I miss coming to Bracebridge. Loved to ride that area.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts