Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Poo dealer was over 80. My Doo dealer was over 300, they sold 50 the 1st day. There's gonna be alot less trees along Ontario trails next season.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
300 skidoo sled is pretty impressive. getting close to late 90's numbers. Does this dealer have some large rental fleets they supply?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
300 skidoo sled is pretty impressive. getting close to late 90's numbers. Does this dealer have some large rental fleets they supply?
Not sure, I know there are no rental fleets within 4 hours anyhow. They are the biggest in SW Ontario and have the best SC prices every year. They always pull big numbers during snowcheck.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you know how many sleds you’re dealer snowchecked post it here.

You don’t have to name your dealer just the numbers if you know.

The last I knew my dealer was just under 100.
76 I believe..They have their whole allotment of sled snow checked 😳😳👍👍

·
Registered
35 Posts

My dealer was around 150 ,20 Mach Z ,17 Lynx, and the rest were XRS ,and X ,I think he had 83 last year.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
44 for my Local dealer. The Polaris brand switched Locations to new owners and the previous shop had 5 last year. But they were useless.
My Buddy is the new Part-Owner/Manager and He told me there’s usually 8-10,000 snow checks and this year there were 22,000.
I believe that was North American numbers.

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
154 Posts
Yes, Eric was very busy. First time I've snow checked with them. Seem like a good place to deal with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My 16 pro s was my first snow check. They had fair / great price and are always great to deal with. I’ve had some warranty work over the years, more self inflicted then defects but they were able to work things out and I didn’t hesitate to go back this year. Regardless of delivery from Polaris, they are going to be swamped trying to get that many sleds out in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
from Polaris they had a 175% increase in snow checks this season 22' over last year 21' best snow check since 1997. they had 60% market share then. and people saying snowmobiling is headed down? this doesn't support it.

·
Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,316 Posts
I was part of the PSSA for years. The decline is in general. Not a one or two year blip in the other direction. Registrations in states for snowmobiles is down overall in a dramatic fashion. Snowmobiling has been in the decline for years. It will take years to change that if it's even possible. Time will tell the story.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I was part of the PSSA for years. The decline is in general. Not a one or two year blip in the other direction. Registrations in states for snowmobiles is down overall in a dramatic fashion. Snowmobiling has been in the decline for years. It will take years to change that if it's even possible. Time will tell the story.
i think ny state had 15000 more registrations than the previous year. this year will be worse, unless the relaxed covid shit sends people back to what they would have been doing. sledding is addicting to most, but for some new folks there are factors that may cause them not to return. the first is the rest of us. seasoned sledders are comfortable at speed, and we just blow by the slowpokes. i'm sure they don't have a favorable view of us at that point. i passed a lot this year. trying to be respectful when they don't force me to be crazy. another is the cold. get to tug hill on a crisp feb morning and it might be below zero. mix that with riding on a sled and it may be too much. especially for a non-active rider just sitting there. another is the physical aspect. not just the riding , but the moving it, trailering, getting stuck, etc. . and then there is the financial side. some just have endless money. but others may not have expected the cost to be so high , especially someone who is only capable of riding, and not fixing. and the gear cost for quality stuff can be high, especially for a family

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
registrations in pa had to have been up huge last season. The popularity that central pa got was crazy. It’s no longer a secret lol

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
i think ny state had 15000 more registrations than the previous year. this year will be worse, unless the relaxed covid shit sends people back to what they would have been doing. sledding is addicting to most, but for some new folks there are factors that may cause them not to return. the first is the rest of us. seasoned sledders are comfortable at speed, and we just blow by the slowpokes. i'm sure they don't have a favorable view of us at that point. i passed a lot this year. trying to be respectful when they don't force me to be crazy. another is the cold. get to tug hill on a crisp feb morning and it might be below zero. mix that with riding on a sled and it may be too much. especially for a non-active rider just sitting there. another is the physical aspect. not just the riding , but the moving it, trailering, getting stuck, etc. . and then there is the financial side. some just have endless money. but others may not have expected the cost to be so high , especially someone who is only capable of riding, and not fixing. and the gear cost for quality stuff can be high, especially for a family
The one thing you missed to mention is all it will take is one bad winter of not being able to ride that 12k + new sled and they will bail. Bet you see a lot on marketplace looking to trade for a boat or wheeler.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts