Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i am kind of choked because my sled never showed until Jan 10. So my dealer phones and asks why I have not snochecked yet. And then says he is down on spring orders. Really. Be nice if they would give me fair Ching for my 2021.Not a chance. Understand about the times we are in but I have been loyal to poo for along time and they just haven't done enough to make me pre order ever again.
I get what you are saying but I believe the day is coming that if you want a new “starfire” type sled you will need to snowcheck it. There may always be back outs but may not get color or options you want. I keep my previous sled until new one comes so I’m not worried about having a sled to ride. That being said my latest sc delivery was first week of December. So I haven’t missed out on any riding.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,126 Posts
One of my dealers sold slightly more in 2021 than 2019 and 2020.
For 2022 he killed it. 2nd week into March he already doubled 2021.
I haven't talked to him for a few weeks but I bet he tripled it?
Last year with Covid Supply chain issues he still had all his sleds in by December.
Many were on the floor without front shocks but they were rolling in quickly in mid-Dec.

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
235 Posts
Since Polaris closed snow check early on certain models I am sure there will be a huge supply issue toward the end of production. May take a few years to get back on track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Near as I can tell from posts on various sites, Polaris had an effective dumpster sale on holdovers during the calendar years 2018-2019. They seamed to finally figure out that cranking out a surplus of sleds year after year only leads to them sitting at dealers until they give dealers the rebates to lower the customer price on these holdovers. This along with Covid related demand has lead to the near elimination of dealer inventories, especially for popular models. Add in strategic snow check only offerings puts demand on snowchecks sleds with options not available from dealer stock in the fall (if there is any this year at all). For these reasons I don't think comparing snowcheck numbers year to year is going to give an accurate picture in any way that can be summed up simply.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I'll be in the market for a low mileage used 2021 VR1 850 129" this year w/ 3 year warranty remaining. I'm sure there will be a bunch to choose from .

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer last year had 17 SC’s as of this morning for this year he has 98 SC’s. You can still order any model when he try’d... (Boost exempt!)

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Low to mid $12K is my budget. Seen several already but to slow to get them. Cant touch a 2022 for anywhere near that with tax from a dealer. No sales tax on private sale in illinois.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,126 Posts
2021 Matryx Assault - Just under 1400 miles. All my Shocks and 1.6" Track have zero miles. 3 years warranty
Electric start, Safety Kill cord switch, heated shield plug, Mirrors and LED under carriage lights
I'll be asking $14k and provide flexibility if need be? I'm guessing I'll easily get over $13k with the market as it is?

For the guy that likes lots of accessories at a nice discount mine is loaded with extra's for a little extra dough.
I generally have people come see my sleds as is first then they can tell me what they don't want and I take it off.

I suspect any 2021 VR1 and Matryx Assaults w/ 7S gauges that post for anywhere in the $12k range will be gone immediately? Who knows? We will see.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2021 Matryx Assault - Just under 1400 miles. All my Shocks and 1.6" Track have zero miles. 3 years warranty
Electric start, Safety Kill cord switch, heated shield plug, Mirrors and LED under carriage lights
I'll be asking $14k and provide flexibility if need be? I'm guessing I'll easily get over $13k with the market as it is?

For the guy that likes lots of accessories at a nice discount mine is loaded with extra's for a little extra dough.
I generally have people come see my sleds as is first then they can tell me what they don't want and I take it off.

I suspect any 2021 VR1 and Matryx Assaults w/ 7S gauges that post for anywhere in the $12k range will be gone immediately? Who knows? We will see.
I would think anywhere in the 12k range will be gone immediately. Atleast where I’m at in north central illinois. 19 and 20 850s with around 1k miles where going for around 12k all winter and still are now. I assume with the season over they might come down a bit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll be in the market for a low mileage used 2021 VR1 850 129" this year w/ 3 year warranty remaining. I'm sure there will be a bunch to choose from .
There's one just north of Minneapolis (850, 129", Matryx w/ 7.7 miles, all Black) listed for $13,200 and can probably be grabbed for $12.5k and includes a 2-up seat (which can be sold for another $700, to lower the cost a bit more). That's a new sled for $11,800 and no sales tax! It's on FB. If I wasn't sitting on 2 extra sleds, I would have jumped on it.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
A word of advice, to those selling. I have seen myself, how quickly these used sleds are being sold. Potential buyers calling half an hour after the listing is posted, are told it is sold. Be sure you list it for a high enough selling price, and don't lower it too quickly. You can always repost with a lower price.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I disagree 100%. I WAS seeing these sleds for a great price mid March. Ever since the snow check situation occurred, the prices climbed. I jumped on a used one with 350 miles. I saved a bunch of money due to the price I paid, and the guy selling it didn't completely get bent over.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Poo dealer was over 80. My Doo dealer was over 300, they sold 50 the 1st day. There's gonna be alot less trees along Ontario trails next season.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Poo dealer was over 80. My Doo dealer was over 300, they sold 50 the 1st day. There's gonna be alot less trees along Ontario trails next season.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Along with a lot more bitching on FB and sled forums about the trails being rough.😂

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
My thoughts on sled prices. Thought I'd be able to sell my 650 VR1 for 13k didn't happen, ended up selling it for 12k. But that is now. Maybe in the fall guys will be able to get big money for their sleds especially if there is talks of sleds not being delivered on time or at all. If I was looking for a deal it would be now and not later. But to anyone looking to get rich on their used sled now is not the time, fall maybe and that's a maybe. All depends if the OEMs can deliver this fall or not. But I never like to sit on my used sled while I have a new one coming, to risky incase I can't sell the used one. I'm a guy that one in the hand is better than two in the bush, so I will take a bit less to make sure I'm all squared up for my new sled.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts