Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know how many sleds you’re dealer snowchecked post it here.

You don’t have to name your dealer just the numbers if you know.

The last I knew my dealer was just under 100.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Would also be interesting to see numbers this year vs. last year for individual dealers

·
Registered
515 Posts
My dealer has 102 snow checks so far, central NY. Don't know his numbers from last season, but he said this year has been crazy busy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not sure a year-over-year comparison is a good apples to apples. The pandemic hit this time 2020, making dealers and buyers optimistic about the '20-'21 season and reserving cash. Spring orders were down overall for MY21. If it weren't for the pandemic, I'm sure these figures would have been higher than what is reported.

A better comparison would be looking at 2019 spring orders or the average of the last three Spring orders ('18-'20). What I would be curious to know is the mix of MY22 total Spring orders. How many are new buyers to the sport versus existing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
2021 wasn't a bad year for my dealer... I don't remember 2019 being much better (the winter of 2017/2018 had low snow, and new 2018 sleds were 4K off MSRP in the spring of 2018).

Edit: My dealer said he checked a total 122 sleds. That's roughly 42 Polaris and 80 Skidoo. Both totals are approximately double vs last year (and 2021 numbers were pretty close to 2020 numbers). This is definitely his best year ever, by far.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
My dealer has less this year. They sold more 2021. But they are telling people trading vr1 in for a xcr is 5,000 difference in price. Little to steep of a yearly price hit for most people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I snowchecked my Indy Evo, for my girls, they told me they had 24 this year and 12 last year. This was about a month ago, so I’m guessing they have done more since then. They are a small dealer in Northern MN.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure a year-over-year comparison is a good apples to apples. The pandemic hit this time 2020, making dealers and buyers optimistic about the '20-'21 season and reserving cash. Spring orders were down overall for MY21. If it weren't for the pandemic, I'm sure these figures would have been higher than what is reported.

A better comparison would be looking at 2019 spring orders or the average of the last three Spring orders ('18-'20). What I would be curious to know is the mix of MY22 total Spring orders. How many are new buyers to the sport versus existing.
My dealer had close to 50 for 19, 40ish for 20, 35 for 21 and now close to 100 for 22.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,318 Posts
Switchback Assault has been around for 11 years now and now it's a snowcheck exclusive model and sold out! Gotta hand it them on that one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Poo dealer sold 70 total for 21. They snowchecked 115 alone for 22. I also ordered a Doo from another dealer and they sold all 150 units for 22. Gonna be a busy year on the trails next year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There was a Polaris dealer in Green Bay that used to Snowcheck 300 sleds a year in the mid 90’s. They don’t even sell sleds anymore. My how times have changed.
Overall it’s good to see strong sales for all power sports brands and dealers. Rising tide raises all ships.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Glad I sat out this year, there’s going to be a lot of butt hurt when sleds aren’t showing until late January.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
There was a Polaris dealer in Green Bay that used to Snowcheck 300 sleds a year in the mid 90’s. They don’t even sell sleds anymore. My how times have changed.
Overall it’s good to see strong sales for all power sports brands and dealers. Rising tide raises all ships.
I remember seeing plaques at a dealer near me for years of selling 400 sleds....it was during the mid to late 90's.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
2021 wasn't a bad year for my dealer... I don't remember 2019 being much better (the winter of 2017/2018 had low snow, and new 2018 sleds were 4K off MSRP in the spring of 2018).

My dealer said he's checked around 130 sleds so far. That's roughly 40 Polaris and 90 Skidoo, and both are approximately double from last year (and 2021 numbers were pretty close to 2020 numbers). This is definitely his best year ever, by far.
i grabbed my 18 xcr at that point

·
Registered
775 Posts
i am kind of choked because my sled never showed until Jan 10. So my dealer phones and asks why I have not snochecked yet. And then says he is down on spring orders. Really. Be nice if they would give me fair Ching for my 2021.Not a chance. Understand about the times we are in but I have been loyal to poo for along time and they just haven't done enough to make me pre order ever again.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sleepy brew has the right idea. Make them drop the price. The matrix isn't leaps and bounds ahead.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts