Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this gauge? What do you think of it. Looks big and cumbersome. Can you ditch bang with it or is it more for touring?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I purchased the gauge 2 years ago and it works great.

It is big but very easy to see and use. The gauge will replace the factory gauge cluster so its out of the way. Many options on setup for screen.

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,013 Posts
I have the NS1 on my 14' Zr8000lxr. It's really nice. And keeps me from having to put another mount on my sled for the Montana 650. I just use the one device now for gauges and mapping. The data logging feature is great for history of your clutching etc. Also, a real time water temp gauge is very nice too so you can keep the snow on the coolers as needed without wondering how hot your are running. I also download the track logs the same as I used to on the Garmin onto Basecamp and keep track of the riding. Overall I'd give the gauge a 9 out of 10. It's really only negative is the maps are not totally current and you must load some of them to work offline from the wifi. (topo maps and other built in feature maps). I use a handlebar bag so can't comment on the windshield bag. I have the bigger 9" screen and I have had the 7" in the past. Bigger is better when riding the trail.

Steve
http://users.zoominternet.net/~stevem5215/ My webpage if you'd like to see the tracklogs from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to order a used 7" from him for my sled, when he gets a new 8" from him. These gauges seem too good not to have on my sled

What sled do you want it for, here is the web site Purchase NS1 Gauge System - Next Stage Gauges.

I see he is out of the Ski Doo models as of now.

If your looking for Ski Doo, PM me and I will contact Stephen to see what his status is on Ski Doo models.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the NS1 on my 14' Zr8000lxr. It's really nice. And keeps me from having to put another mount on my sled for the Montana 650. I just use the one device now for gauges and mapping. The data logging feature is great for history of your clutching etc. Also, a real time water temp gauge is very nice too so you can keep the snow on the coolers as needed without wondering how hot your are running. I also download the track logs the same as I used to on the Garmin onto Basecamp and keep track of the riding. Overall I'd give the gauge a 9 out of 10. It's really only negative is the maps are not totally current and you must load some of them to work offline from the wifi. (topo maps and other built in feature maps). I use a handlebar bag so can't comment on the windshield bag. I have the bigger 9" screen and I have had the 7" in the past. Bigger is better when riding the trail.

Steve
Snowmobiling Page by Steve M in Pittsburgh PA My webpage if you'd like to see the tracklogs from it.
The Axys chassis is so limited in storage, I keep everything in the windshield bag. If you can not access the bag with the NS1 gauge on, I will be buying the PIDD gauge.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've been wanting one of these. Is there any way to lock the mount? I can see this being easily stolen at stops.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I've been wanting one of these. Is there any way to lock the mount? I can see this being easily stolen at stops.
Very easy to remove if you feel someone might want to barrow it without permission. Two thumb screws and unplug (USB Plug) the unit and take it in with you.

I painted the plug on one side on the USB plug that go together makes it easier to reconnect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts