Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking for a partner to join me this March with a chance to win 20,000$! :div20: How about you Dualmass? :tease: Think of all the sheds you might find! :tease:

This is a real challange for all you real HCSers! :banana:

"Cain’s Quest will take participants on an incredible journey through the Labrador wilderness. The race will entail an approximate 2000 km trek on ungroomed trails where teams of two riders and their snowmachines race to the finish. Riders will travel rough terrain, brave sub-zero temperatures and test man and machine against the elements for a chance at the prize purse and of course bragging rights.

The excitement begins Saturday, March 10th. Don’t miss the thrill of being at the start line 11 am Saturday, March 10th- Tanya Lake, White Wolf Snowmobile Club, Labrador City.

The race will begin and end in Labrador City. On March 10th, 2007 at 11am, teams will depart Labrador City and make their way across Labrador through designated checkpoints, travelling to Churchill Falls and Goose Bay, then back to the finish line in Labrador City. Drivers will be required to sign-in at mandatory checkpoints and have rest periods at mandatory layovers. The entire race is anticipated to last 4-5 days. Participants will be breaking trails, traveling in unpredictable weather and pushing their snowmobiles and bodies to the limits. It will be a thrilling adventure for anyone who is ready to endure the challenge.

Winners of the race will receive a scheduled payout of an estimated $40,000 prize purse. The first place winner will receive 50% of the total purse. The percentage allocation of the remaining 50% and number of placements awarded will be determined by the number of entrants into the race.

On Saturday March 17th, participants will celebrate with a closing banquet and awards ceremony. Labrador is the prime location to host Canada's Longest Snowmobile Endurance Race, with ideal snowmobiling conditions, breathtaking scenery, and warm Labrador hospitality! It will be THE event for Labrador and for anyone who is ready to go the distance.

For information on registration, sponsorship opportunities or general inquires, please contact: Jackie Mayo at (709) 944-5011 or e-mail [email protected] "

To read more about it go to the Cain's Quest web site. :div20:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
425 Posts
when i saw this post i said to myself shit i can do that, ive been looking a into racing my sled for a couple years now ( i have raced motocross for 24 years and had a pro license for ten of those and i did race 5 snocross events in 2000) But when you really think about it its a pretty big deal never mid the fact that your going to kill two sleds, you have to get the time off to go there and do a shitload of preperation, and i went on the site and it costs 2500 to enter, so i say to myself " i think im dumb enough to try it" so how do i get there...heres my idea, we do a HCS raffle everyone who wants to be part of this buys a ticket for 5-10 bucs we letter up the sleds to say HCS ( my girlfriend has a graffics co and could make it sic! ) and we use the money from the raffle to get there and do the race, what do the people that bought ticks get out of it?, we pick two names and give the sleds away at the end of it, hey they have a racer on doo talk that they all give money to, to race we should too. Im not a marketing guy but we would need to get enough people to buy in to make it worth it ie not costing the racers too much, and then we would need to get two guys to do it, if any ones got any ideas on this speak up id still race it but if someone else was better for the job id spend ten bucs for the entertainment to watch the race from my computer

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
sure is alot more to it than trailering up there with a couple of sleds.. takes lots of support at the checkpoints and lots of backing and cash.... lets all do what we can to help these guys from maine make it after their major sponsor backed out on them.... they are still racing but in need of some support. if as many members can kick in at least $10 you get your name in the race credits and this team will stand a better chance of winning for every dollar we get them.....

p.s. .... i saw you ovr lurking through the posts in "maine" about this topic !!!!!!!!

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...howtopic=203781

http://www.teammainecainsquest.com/

anyone that can spare a few bucks will get great satisfaction after these guys win the race......companys can write it off..... lets help these hcs'ers get it done

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
well that would be one way to put somemiles on my new xfire

let me know what u plan i cant afford to spend 2500 in entrance fees

but i would like to race or help out

possibly one of the big 4 might wanna chip in a few bucks soo atleast they can have some advertising

and we have a ton of HCS sponsors bikeman might like having one of his modded pipes pass the finish line first

team NH HCS

and . sticker for good luck

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i saw this post i said to myself shit i can do that, ive been looking a into racing my sled for a couple years now ( i have raced motocross for 24 years and had a pro license for ten of those and i did race 5 snocross events in 2000) But when you really think about it its a pretty big deal never mid the fact that your going to kill two sleds, you have to get the time off to go there and do a shitload of preperation, and i went on the site and it costs 2500 to enter, so i say to myself " i think im dumb enough to try it" so how do i get there...heres my idea, we do a HCS raffle everyone who wants to be part of this buys a ticket for 5-10 bucs we letter up the sleds to say HCS ( my girlfriend has a graffics co and could make it sic! ) and we use the money from the raffle to get there and do the race, what do the people that bought ticks get out of it?, we pick two names and give the sleds away at the end of it, hey they have a racer on doo talk that they all give money to, to race we should too. Im not a marketing guy but we would need to get enough people to buy in to make it worth it ie not costing the racers too much, and then we would need to get two guys to do it, if any ones got any ideas on this speak up id still race it but if someone else was better for the job id spend ten bucs for the entertainment to watch the race from my computer[/b]
Yeah, I will buy quite a few tickets or just donate a few hundred dollars to get an entry in this event sponsered by HCS members and advertisers! :banana:

I would love to be one of the racers but, I know my limitations. :div20: Yet, I can still help any of you that want to give it a try. :banana:

I am already in the preliminary stages of planning a second snowmobiling trip to Labrador City in March; so maybe Helga and I can help with the logistics before and while we are up there. :div20: Anyone else want to join Helga and OVR in Labrador City? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Yeah, I will buy quite a few tickets or just donate a few hundred dollars to get an entry in this event sponsered by HCS members and advertisers! :banana:

I would love to be one of the racers but, I know my limitations. :div20: Yet, I can still help any of you that want to give it a try. :banana:

I am already in the preliminary stages of planning a second snowmobiling trip to Labrador City in March; so maybe Helga and I can help with the logistics before and while we are up there. :div20: Anyone else want to join Helga and OVR in Labrador City? :dunno:

Mark :beerchug:[/b]

did you guys bother to read the post in maine ... they are proposing exactly this if hcs members will chip in, you get your name in the credits and hcs gets free advertising.......all for $10 member. or is this got to be a nh thing and not an hcs thing?

ovr seeing how you will be there in march ... they are looking for a support member also

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did you guys bother to read the post in maine ... they are proposing exactly this if hcs members will chip in, you get your name in the credits and hcs gets free advertising.......all for $10 member. or is this got to be a nh thing and not an hcs thing?

ovr seeing how you will be there in march ... they are looking for a support member also[/b]
I did not check out the ME post. :frech32: I will and let's get as many of us behind the HCS Cain's Quest as possible. :div20:

Helga and I are still looking for some NH HCSers to join us to go up and witness the race and enjoy some great snowmobileing. :banana:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
ovr you should contact dblacks (dana) -- he is managing the team and can fill you in on the plan and dates. he has posted (in the gf) that the paypal thing is working and several hcs members used it today to contribute... check out their video from mt. valin .. it will get the blood pumping !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ovr you should contact dblacks (dana) -- he is managing the team and can fill you in on the plan and dates. he has posted (in the gf) that the paypal thing is working and several hcs members used it today to contribute... check out their video from mt. valin .. it will get the blood pumping !!!![/b]
Thanks! :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just sent in my $200 and asked that it be put under the Pittsburg Ridge Runners as a sponsor. If everything works out, Helga and I plan to be in Lab City for the end of the race.

If any of you HCS and Pittsburg Ridge Runner members contribute, ask that it be added under the club's sponsorship. :div20:

This Cain's Quest is a great chance to get some recognition for HCS and the local club. :div20:

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, Helga and I have our reservations in Lab City all set from 3/13 to 3/19. :div20: Hopefully we will have a front row seat for the finish of the race and get some snowmobiling in too. :banana:

p.s. If any of you decide to go, you will never meet nicer and more hospitable people than the Lab City residents! :div20: Except maybe the people of Newfoundland; which is where most of the Lab City people came from.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OVR... how are you getting there? train?

awesome donation.... top notch![/b]
The same way Helga and I did the last time two years ago, truck and trailer. :div20:

If the weather is good we can make it in two days with an overnight stop in Baie-Comeau. If the weather is against us, we will hole up wherever we are at the time and wait it out. :div20:

We take food, water, sleeping bags, satellite phone, tools, spare tires, some spare gas, etc., etc.. :div20: It is about a 785 mile trip from First Lake oneway, but a very interesting and exciting one. :banana: You never know what or who you are going to see from Baie-Comeau up Route 389 to Labrador. :dunno:

Check out our trip two years ago. The trip article is located all the way at the bottom of the page. :div20:

Hey, want to come with us? :dunno: Maybe we can get up a convoy! :banana:

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
The same way Helga and I did the last time two years ago, truck and trailer. :div20:

If the weather is good we can make it in two days with an overnight stop in Baie-Comeau. If the weather is against us, we will hole up wherever we are at the time and wait it out. :div20:

We take food, water, sleeping bags, satellite phone, tools, spare tires, some spare gas, etc., etc.. :div20: It is about a 785 mile trip from First Lake oneway, but a very interesting and exciting one. :banana: You never know what or who you are going to see from Baie-Comeau up Route 389 to Labrador. :dunno:

Check out our trip two years ago. The trip article is located all the way at the bottom of the page. :div20:

Hey, want to come with us? :dunno: Maybe we can get up a convoy! :banana:

Mark :beerchug:[/b]

I am working on going with Team Maine (support crew) if i can get the time off.... they are leaving the 7th ..... but i may be behind and it may be possible to convoy, i called a riding buddy tonight that is interested in making the trip. I would really love to make the trip and see labrador by truck and sled ! i will keep you posted before the time gets here. - going to check your link now......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.