Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought virtually every handguard mount kit and handguard combo, and cannot get them on. I am not an idiot-

I have an 04 F7- I am attempting to put on Powermadd star series handguards. I bought their universal kit, cut my grips down, and still cannot get the right side to line up. The mounts aren't large enough. Forget the left side-I have no idea how they expect them to go around with the brake lever.

Can someone with a similiar setup let me know what mount you used to get the powermadd's on!!!!!

Thanks,

D.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,714 Posts
I have bought virtually every handguard mount kit and handguard combo, and cannot get them on. I am not an idiot-

I have an 04 F7- I am attempting to put on Powermadd star series handguards. I bought their universal kit, cut my grips down, and still cannot get the right side to line up. The mounts aren't large enough. Forget the left side-I have no idea how they expect them to go around with the brake lever.

Can someone with a similiar setup let me know what mount you used to get the powermadd's on!!!!!

Thanks,

D.[/b]
Cut the grips???? I tought you would just slide the throttle and the brake towards the center.

I'm about to buy the same gaurds and add the mirrows

·
Registered
334 Posts
just put them on my 660 st it has the same bar as the firecat these are powermad stars with the powermad mounts
[attachment=277023:HPIM2121re.JPG]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I have the acerbis with cat billet mounts, throttle side went on fine, brake side took a little bit..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So to be more specific, on throttle side- have you guys put the mounts over the grip just to the right of the throttle? I don't see how that is possible. If not, where EXACTLY are you putting it? I was not aware of having to move anything around.

On brake side, again where exactly should the mount go?

Mr Freeze-a close up of each grip would be greatly appreciated. I still can't see how you got them on.

Thanks for all your help

D.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
So to be more specific, on throttle side- have you guys put the mounts over the grip just to the right of the throttle? I don't see how that is possible. If not, where EXACTLY are you putting it? I was not aware of having to move anything around.

On brake side, again where exactly should the mount go?

Mr Freeze-a close up of each grip would be greatly appreciated. I still can't see how you got them on.

Thanks for all your help

D.[/b]
Here ya go, should go on just like this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok-
I definitely need to move some things around. I know that my kill switch is located directly next to the throttle with no room at all for the mount. I was under the impression that it was to go OVER the grips. (which I cut today thinking thickness was the problem) after cutting it still didn't fit because the grip heater wires were protruding in that same spot.

So to be sure, I am to move controls to the center to make room????

Thanks,

D.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I put my throttle side on between the grip and the flipper its hard to see in the pic I have now I'll try to get another
[attachment=277085:HPIM2122re.JPG]
yes to be sure you do need to move the controls in about 1/2" -5/8"

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thank all of you for your help.

Gsxr-what I think you meant to say was It shouldn't be that hard-your absolutely right!! However, this is the first time I am messing with handguards, they do not come with instructions, and the small picture that is on the package led me to believe the mounts went over the grips.
This is why this forum is so great-when I am having a dumb day-someone else who may have been through it already helps out.

Thanks again guys.

D.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wish I had thought of moving my kill switch. I just got done modifying my throttle lock to fit around the bracket for the hand guard. I had to cut part of it out and then weld a tab on it to keep it from being pulled off the end of the handlebar. Has anyone else come up with a solution for using a throttle lock with the hand guards installed?

·
Registered
817 Posts
just put them on my 660 st it has the same bar as the firecat these are powermad stars with the powermad mounts
[attachment=277023:HPIM2121re.JPG][/b]

Yup. I got the same ones and mine went on fine... The only thing I had to do was move them up a bit as it was pretty tight between the guard and the brake lever. I thought they went on easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.