Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a black F7 Sabercat off the showroom about a month ago now. It was a left over that a guy didn't pick up. When I bought it the dealer did all the updates except for the smartvalve(didn't have one in stock). I brought it home and made it 2.5 miles from my house and it died, I took it back up to the dealer and they said it was the smartvalve. They put the new smartvalve so we could ride. The sled ran fine for the 50 miles we put on it up north. We got it back and went to ride it and it wouldn't start. Even after the pull cord update when we tried starting the rope broke. We took it back up to the dealer and when it was warmed up it would start. They said they fixed it we brought it home at night went out the next morning it wouldn't start. Took it back up to the dealer and they said it was the stator. They put one of them on and that wasn't it. They put all new electronics on it and that wasn't it. They moved the coil farther away from the electronics and it was running fine. The sled would idle fine but when you went to drive it would just bog down. We left the sled up there for two weeks while they tried to figure out what was wrong with it. They said they fixed it and put 120 miles on it up at the dealer to make sure it would run. We got it back two days ago(hoping it was fixed) and went riding put on about 80 miles with no problems. We rode around the house a few times yesterday and up to our friends house. We planned on going for a ride tonight and took off with no problems made it about 10 miles away from the house and the motor went. Once the motor got cold we started and it ran but the motor is definitely screwed. There is only 345 miles on the sled and it has been nothing but problems. Out of the month i owned it i was able to drive it for 3.5 days. The dealer we deal with has been a real jerk to us about it(The service department is great and helps us as much as possible) but the owner is a real prick. This is the first time I have ever bought anything new(Car,snowmobile,anything) since 1981, and that was a snowmobile. I am just very frustrated and don't want the piece of S*@T anymore. I have just gotten to the point where I am expecting it to break down when I go riding. Especially after tonight what else can go wrong? Ever since I was a kid I have always been loyal to Arctic Cat. I can definitely say that i am done with Arctic Cat and going to Ski Doo. I have a 1997 Ski Doo Formula 3 Triple that is an awesome and fast sled no complaints about that either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by dunbar@Jan 31 2003, 12:29 AM
YA, and I believe every word!
What do you mean by this? Its all true ask the 30 people that we are friends with, ride with, or talk to. They will tell you how big of a piece of S*@T this machine really is!

·
Registered
146 Posts
:eek: sorry to hear about all your problems, this is just the wrong site to say anything went wrong with
your firecat. Hopefully your dealer willcome around, if not call CAT customer Service, that really stirs up
the shit and then things happen!!!

dt

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would try taking it to another dealer to see if they can fix it. No sled is that hard to fix.
When you had the first problem at 2.5 miles it couldn't have been the smart valves because they only fail if they are exposed to air when the gas tank is low. I am assuming you filled the tank before your first ride!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
hope you get it fixed ...but if you think its that bad...sell it ...and have a nice day on your 97 doo...thats a real mogul masher :blink:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Good riddance! Sounds like you are a jinx. Everything you touch breaks, doesn't it. Remember Oscar on the Brady Bunch? :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
That really sucks.............sounds to me like your dealer didn't know what he was doing....maybe if your sled was set up the right way to begin with you would have less trouble. My husband and I both have F7 Sabercats with about 1000 miles on each, not a bit of trouble.
Just wondering.........if you have been Cat loyal since you were a kid, why do you have a Doo??

·
Registered
340 Posts
You know the real A-holes are the people on this site that ridicule others with problems. What the hell is the matter with you guys- just because your sled runs good dont tell me you didnt have problems. You're so damn blinded with brand loyalty you cant see reality.

This site should be a place to brag about Cats as well as share our problems without being hassled by pinheads.

I love my Firecat now that all the problems are taken care of but I can still sympathize with those less forunate.

You should quit trying to defend Cat on a sled that wasnt quite ready for production. It is a great sled but the R&D and Quality departments leave a lot to be desired. If you think all these problems are acceptible what will the next new Cat be like?

How's that saying go: "If you dont have anything nice to say........"

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with my F7 so I was luck and found a guy who didn't like his ZR9 so we swapped sleds, my F7 was studded his wasn't, believe it or not it He let it go for 200 cash, so I figure it cost about 500. I know your troubles, if the dealer is giving you trouble tell him you will put a formal compaint in with CAT, and see what he says. You realy have to let those F7s warm up GOOD, This was the second sled that I have had that the motor gave me any trouble, maybe next year I will look at one again, GREAT SLED, I just had to much trouble with it. Ride it and see what happens ! NOTHING, its a good ditch banger. GOOD LUCK and dont put up with your dealers B.S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Mr. & Mrs. Firecat@Jan 31 2003, 08:17 AM
That really sucks.............sounds to me like your dealer didn't know what he was doing....maybe if your sled was set up the right way to begin with you would have less trouble. My husband and I both have F7 Sabercats with about 1000 miles on each, not a bit of trouble.
Just wondering.........if you have been Cat loyal since you were a kid, why do you have a Doo??
I bought the Doo because it was a great deal and i needed something to ride since the firecat was always in the shop!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Great post redfirecat03!! This site should be here to help people not ridicule them for having problems. Not everyone has been fortunate enough to get a trouble free Firecat.

Chitty: Definitely find another dealer to work with if possible. I would also start looking into your states lemon laws. I hear they are tough to do but in this case it might be worth it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The truth is not that the sled was not ready for production this is the nature of the beast when you by a new design sled no matter what brand. The Truth is many dealers do not know what the heck they are doing and should not be selling sleds. I hope AC is watching this site and getting rid of these dealers. I have been on Polaris all my life and have burned down sleds with just 100 miles on it had to take back for updates and these were not even redesigned sled just the same old sled they have been building for years.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Well said redfirecat03.

There are FIVE smart-assed posts above -- you people know which ones they are. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and comments, but IMO, those kind of comments are a waste of EVERYONE'S time, and are not appreciated on this site by anyone. Please don't let your posts stoop to the childish bashing type junk we can find on a daily basis on the Amsnow boards.

Thanks for at least CONSIDERING this. -- Roy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
redfirecat03 and Highmarkxt800 thanks a lot for your understanding. I understand that this is a Firecat Owners Forum and I am a Firecat owner and just figured i would share my story with all the other Firecat owners. All you riders who are so uptight about Arctic Cat face it they pushed the sled out way too quickly. So this sled isn't all there yet. Maybe I will take your info and go to the REV forum not to tell them about the bad luck I have had with the F7 but how much better the REV is when I trade my F7 for one. Think about it the REV has been designed and tested for 5 years, the Firecat only 2. Ski Doo obviously uses their heads when producing a new sled, they actually make sure it is ready to ride so the owners aren't disappointed. I am beginning to wonder if all you people who are giving me heat about talking about my F7 breaking down actually work for Arctic Cat or something!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts