Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:no_bashing: I live at 3500 ft. I ride at 3900-8000 ft depending on what mood I am in. I want a clutch kit for my 04 f7 efi sno-pro. I ditch bang, road race an mostly agressive trail ride the groomed and ungroomed stuff at the local snowmobile park which sits at about 4000 ft from the parking lot.I just ordered a Black Magic Heartthrob kit for my f7. They only had an 03 kit for my appliication 4-8000 ft and said it would work no problem as long as I use shims as the 03 weights dont have set screws like my old 04 weights do.Currently I am running and epi trail performance kit with 64 gram weights. It a damn seal level kit and doesnt backshift worth a crud so i am gettin this Black Magic 4-8000 ft kit. I am scared the 59 gram weights it comes with are gonna blow my 700 twin cuz it could over rev right? Everyone has been tellin me that 59 grams is gonna be too light. Why would Black Magic try to sell me this kit with 59 gram weights. Will this kit be the cats ass or am I gonna be sorry with the 59 gram weights and have to go out later and buy heavier weights. Currently my 64 gram wts are hitting 7700-8000 rpms. I am worried about installing this kit and having it be a flop. What do you guys think about this kit I am talking about for my application? Thank alot. happy New year! :beerchug: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
my bro just got an 04 F7 with a 144" kit on it & the guy had 56g weights in it for the mountains.............but I'm not sure where he rode.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I sold my sled to giant killer. I was running 56 gram weights at 9000 and above. 59 g might not be to bad depending on what the sno conditons are. If it is over reving just move the secondary spring a little looser. I know this for sure 63g was to heavy for about 7500 the powervavles didn't even want to open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts