Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 F5 standard

Just bought a hood for cheap at haydays. One problem. The very point of the hood (the grille) that allows air in is cracked and missing some pieces. I thought a easy fix would be to hide it. I was thinking of putting one of those fabric things over the grille that the racers use to keep snow out of their sled. 1) What are they called? 2) Do they make them for this area of the firecats?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Its just a mesh screen. Held tight by velcro.

·
Registered
728 Posts
its actually part of the air box cover, its held onto the air box with snaps and holds the CDI box and stuff. the screened part then wraps under the hood to cover the grille and is held with velcro.

you could probably make one for cheap.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
your looking for #37 3606-409 Screen, Hood

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought of another idea. Do the firecat metal screen kits come with a screen for this grille? If so I could put a black screen kit it in my hood and camo the damage.

If I do order the 3606-409 mesh hood screen, would I have a choice of colors? If not, what color is it? Do you have to install the snaps or do the 440 sno pros come with them?

What do you guys think would work the best? Opinions please

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by mopar4u@Sep 11 2005, 12:14 AM
Just thought of another idea.  Do the firecat metal screen kits come with a screen for this grille?  If so I could put a black screen kit it in my hood and camo the damage. 

If I do order the 3606-409 mesh hood screen, would I have a choice of colors?   If not, what color is it?  Do you have to install the snaps or do the 440 sno pros come with them?

What do you guys think would work the best?   Opinions please
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869403
[/quote]

I believe they only come in black. The bumpers for the snopros are notched and already have snaps installed for the bottom, but the mesh screen comes with the needed velcro for the top, (hood). IMO I think the screen would be just fine, as you can see the bumper on the 440's are notched, so with just a couple grills missing shouldn't be a problem.

Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Firecat Pilot@Sep 11 2005, 04:51 PM
I believe they only come in black.  The bumpers for the snopros are notched and already have snaps installed for the bottom, but the mesh screen comes with the needed velcro for the top, (hood).  IMO I think the screen would be just fine, as you can see the bumper on the 440's are notched, so with just a couple grills missing shouldn't be a problem.

Troy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869973
[/quote]

so you suggest the metal screen kits or the mesh sno pro screen? If I don't have buttons on the underside of my bumper it doesn't appear I can use the mesh??????? A little confused by your post.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
the domes, you would have to put on yourself (not hard to do, but not sure if they come with the mesh kit).

to answer your earlier question, yes there is a metal screen in the screen kit that mounts behind the two front vents in the nose.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by mopar4u@Sep 11 2005, 06:32 PM
so you suggest the metal screen kits or the mesh sno pro screen?  If I don't have buttons on the underside of my bumper it doesn't appear I can use the mesh???????  A little confused by your post.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870078
[/quote]

the screen mesh would be my route, simple reason is that you are trying to hide the blemish, the metal screen goes behind the grill, it would work but you will still see the crack or missing grill. If you go with the mesh yes, you would of course need the buttons/snaps, but then at least it is out of sight.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so the big question is do the buttons / snaps that go on the bumper come with the mesh screen when you order it AND will the mesh screen work on a non sno pro sled?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by mopar4u@Sep 12 2005, 07:19 AM
so the big question is do the buttons / snaps that go on the bumper come with the mesh screen when you order it AND will the mesh screen work on a non sno pro sled?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870553
[/quote]

The mesh should work on a non Sno Pro (440) sled. If the snaps don't come with the mesh, they can be bought at any department store/fabric shop for just a couple of cents each. A simple wood/metal screw to hold them on the belly pan snugly and you're good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts