Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all you firecat guys that have had problems....don't let those ski doo guys get you going with the blow up talk...there is a whole thread over there about burn downs....this is one that I felt was interesting...the doo guys seem to throw alot of stones while living in the proverbial glass house

QUOTE (TT670 @ Feb 25 2003, 06:41 PM)
GOOD LUCK GUYS! Mine was rebuilt at 1800 miles 2 weeks ago. This weekend the wife and I were in Quebec( BOBLER THIS IS GOING TO SOUND VERY FAMILIAR) doing a 600 mile loop from Quebec city to Lac St Jean and back. On our last day 90 miles from the nearest town the motor seized, did the old oil in the cylinders trick and it fired right up and ran fine for about 20 miles and then it Grenaded BIG TIME, I mean BIIIIG TIME!!!!!!! Blew out a cloud of smoke that rivals any top fuel burnout, the smoke was so bad that the wife had to stop because she thought she would hit me if she continued. The sled had gone 800 miles since the previous engine trouble and ran great up till this point. I had to tow it with the wife on it for 70 miles in 6" of fresh powder, got stuck on EVERY hill and needless to say have a very bad attitude. Frankly I dont want the sled back and am thinking about a nice shiny polaris for 2004. The revs comfy but what good is it if you cant make it home. Fire away cat guys, the zr900 is sounding very good to me right now. Problem is Ill lose my ass on the REV so I may be stuck with it.

reply from me
hey a burn down isn't good with any brand...sorry to hear of your ruined trip....I think your ok with ski doo...they do make a good sled....try making some noise with customer service you may be able to get another year of warranty out of it. Also might want to check out your dealer to make sure they put this thing back together the right way. check out your oil pump too, make sure your sled is getting the proper lube

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Amen,

Got a friend of mine who is a long time Cat rider who wanted to "try" a REV...... no problems so far, except for the egging on I give him... he he he

·
Registered
477 Posts
If this is really by TT670, he is a cool guy and a awesome mechanic. Well respected in the Doo world. He is also extremely hard core Doo and has been forever. If he is considering switching he must be super pissed.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Thumper@Feb 25 2003, 11:43 PM
If this is really by TT670, he is a cool guy and a awesome mechanic. Well respected in the Doo world. He is also extremely hard core Doo and has been forever. If he is considering switching he must be super pissed.
this is tt....taken directly from doo talk...he's not the only one with ring problems either...seems as though its a little bit of a epidemic with the 600 ho...seems to pop up at around 1500-2500 miles...now the shoe is on the other foot...I vote although we take the high road and show our doo brethren some cat class, they are having their growing pains now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts