Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding around that area? I want to throw the sleds on the trailer and go somewhere close and was thinking that way.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Trails around milton/edgerton are decent but will go down hill fast towards the weekend with the warm up coming.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are leaving today, going to be leaving from the Milton area, any idea's where to pick up the trail or a trail map?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
We are leaving today, going to be leaving from the Milton area, any idea's where to pick up the trail or a trail map?[/b]
Most of the bars have maps and I rode most of Rock county Tuesday and the groomers did a hell of a job and the trails were kick ass. I hope you enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We enjoyed the shit out of the trails and people in the area. We got up there Weds night about 5 unloaded in milton, rode till 2 am, got up weds morning and rode till about 2pm, had a blast. It's funny how we have just as much snow here as you guys do there and what a difference a groomer makes. We have chisel plowed corn fields that are rough as hell, you guys have 30' wide paths through the same corn fields that are hard packed snow that was perfect. Sure it wasn't much woods riding, but we hit alot of places and trails and they were all good.

One question though, why no trail pigs in the bars? We would have been more then happy to through a few bucks in as we usually do, but free maps and no trail pig made it hard to throw money towards the people that take care of it.

My son was home from Iraq for 18 days and goes back to Iraq tomorrow, so it was a perfect way to get out and ride while getting away from the wifes girlfriends and other kids. Many thanks to rock county clubs.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I will mention the idea of trail pigs at our next meeting.
Im glad you enjoyed the trails. A lot of people have put a lot of work into making them great and its good to get positive feedback. Im a member of the Sundowners and at our meeting last night, our president mentioned that he had gotten a lot of phone calls from people saying how great the trails are. Apparently, people are coming from all over to ride our trails because they are the best trails in the area.
Sadly, with the warm temps and rain we are supposed to get Saturday-Tuesday, our trails are going to be done until we get more snow.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Free maps???? There should have been trail donation boxes around the edgerton area. I should know I put them out.

Where did you stop?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Anytime it gets above 34*f trails in rock cty are closed. The trails looked good this morning.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
At 45 degrees, they wont last long. Its only January though and Id be really surprised if we didnt get any more snowstorms this winter.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I rode Rock County New Years Day and must say that it was one of the best sledding experiences I've ever had. When we were in the Hanover area was when it was most enjoyable. Good work guys.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our stops included, Snuffys Still, Sundown over in Indianford, The Hideaway (jefferson county), and a bar in Edgerton I thought it was the shoe, but when looking at the shoe it's the bar to the left of it. Hot bartender.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
If you ever make it back in the area, Finn's in Newville is really nice too. The new owner spent a lot of money fixing that place up and its pretty nice. I remember back when that place was called, "Club Raven" and it was kind of a dive.
I was really impressed with how nice that place is now.
DNA in Edgerton is nice too.
Other than that, I dont know much about the bars in the area. Being that Im young, single and own a house I dont exactly have all kinds of extra money laying around to waste in a bar and what little money I do have to spare gets spent on parts for my sled and in gas driving back and forth from Edgerton to St Germain all winter long.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Our stops included, Snuffys Still, Sundown over in Indianford, The Hideaway (jefferson county), and a bar in Edgerton I thought it was the shoe, but when looking at the shoe it's the bar to the left of it. Hot bartender.[/b]
All of those bars were closed when we put the boxes out other than the hideaway(norm's) He should of had one. It would have been over in the window next to door way that goes to the other room.

You could have ran a little bit up the trail to countryside...I know they had one. Problem most of these bars have very odd hours...sometimes they are open most times they are not.

The baron in town had one. Good looking bartender.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts