Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Doing a little trip planning here, basically, we want to start in Minocqua then shoot north to hurley and start heading west via trail 2 to the Gandy dancer trail, then riding Gandy Dancer all the way to about siren an then start heading towards Lakewoods resort in cable and thern taking the tuscobia back home. We would like to do this in 2 nights and 3 days. I would appreciate some insight from people that have ridden in those areas. Does Minnesota have an out of state sticker like we do? I used to have a map that covered the whole Northwest corner of the state, but that was years ago and I was wondering where to get another one. I guess I could get a map from all of the counties and go that route. I also have 40 gigs of video to shoot so I should have a few new vids to post. Got some editing software for you guys so you dont have to watch me get my stuff organized in every video.

Thanks,

DS

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does Minnesota have an out of state sticker like we do?[/b]
Yes, anyone who rides trails in Minnesota (including residents of Minnesota!) must have a Minnesota trail sticker. Thankfully it's nothing as gawd-awful as that big flourescent sticker that Wisconsin makes us non-residents put on our sleds. :sick:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I live in Iron River, Wi trails held up during the warm shit and no rain for us. I'm heading to Lakewoods resort myseld next weekend of the 17-19th. Leaving from Brule, when will you be there this weekend or next?
Tony

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Iron River, Wi trails held up during the warm shit and no rain for us. I'm heading to Lakewoods resort myseld next weekend of the 17-19th. Leaving from Brule, when will you be there this weekend or next?
Tony[/b]

Hey Tony,

We will do it on a tues. wed. thurs. to avoid weekend traffic and most likely go the first part of february. Any tips on sights to see or interesting stuff?.
DS

·
Registered
366 Posts
first off I have ridden the gande dancer it is a very nice grade to run.however if your coming from the eastern area,thats along way.there is right now less snow west of minong (Hwy 53 & Hwy77) for a better ride I would route up Hwy63 to the Cable area. Between now and Feb. conditions can change,I hope they do for all of us. I drive truck thru NW wisconsin for 7 yrs. and have to say there has been less snow south of Hwy 77 for sometime.you will be safer routeing north of 77........good luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first off I have ridden the gande dancer it is a very nice grade to run.however if your coming from the eastern area,thats along way.there is right now less snow west of minong (Hwy 53 & Hwy77) for a better ride I would route up Hwy63 to the Cable area. Between now and Feb. conditions can change,I hope they do for all of us. I drive truck thru NW wisconsin for 7 yrs. and have to say there has been less snow south of Hwy 77 for sometime.you will be safer routeing north of 77........good luck[/b]
Hey RB,

Thanks for the heads up, I heard the conditions over there were not as good as usual. I hope by early Feb. things are better. We are not really worried about long rides, generally we do 200 per day when tripping. I heard that gandy dancer rides along the river and has some nice bluff views, any truth to that? Do you know anything about the tri county corridor? Nice ride?.

Thanks,

DS

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They riding up here this weekend was not bad. Little slick in the corners with ice. The corrdor in not a bad ride, just in my opinion is a straight boring ride I prefer the trails. Not much up this way in Iron River and Brule to site see. Ley me know if you need any info.
Tony

·
Registered
366 Posts
The Gande Dancer does not follow the river it crosses it north of Danbury.It is just a railroad grade with a bunch of stop signs. The corridor or Tri-corridor trail runs from Superior to Ashland. Here again it is a expressway with many stop signs. for conditions in NW wisconsin try these sites snowtrax,snowmobile trail conditions they do pretty good keeping up with the NW conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts