Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 1223 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put on about 20 miles today riding outside of Hayward Powers sports. Early season conditions but certainly felt good to be on the sled again. Hearing only 2-3" of ice on lakes but I personally don't feel that it will be long(10-14 days) before the lakes are ready. The big lakes don't have much snow on them so they should freeze fine. The smaller lakes will take some time. Hearing 2-3" of ice on the Tiger Cat Flowage.

Regardless, we are ahead of last year for conditions. Freeze the lakes and then give us another 6-8" of snow and they will be great for after xmas.

Note: Don, this thread is for you to keep us tourists up to date on recent snowfalls. Thanks in advance and hopefully we can get together for another lunch this year!

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
Put on about 20 miles today riding outside of Hayward Powers sports. Early season conditions but certainly felt good to be on the sled again. Hearing only 2-3" of ice on lakes but I personally don't feel that it will be long(10-14 days) before the lakes are ready. The big lakes don't have much snow on them so they should freeze fine. The smaller lakes will take some time. Hearing 2-3" of ice on the Tiger Cat Flowage.

Regardless, we are ahead of last year for conditions. Freeze the lakes and then give us another 6-8" of snow and they will be great for after xmas.

Note: Don, this thread is for you to keep us tourists up to date on recent snowfalls. Thanks in advance and hopefully we can get together for another lunch this year!
Crews were out here all day today, I think Brent was out near PS too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I walked out with my auger on Nelson lake (nw of Hayward) yesterday, 200' from shore in multiple spots and had no less then 6" of ice. So that's definitely a good start to the season, and far ahead of last winter, so far.....

·
Administrator
20,729 Posts
Thanks for starting this post @UpNorth17 :bc:

We're hoping for continued cold weather, and some fresh snow to allow us some break in time next weekend. If you see a crew of 3 ... last year's XCR 600, a new 800 XCR (black), and my lime squeeze Assault - say hi. Always good to chat with fellow HCS'ers :bc:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Trail passes :p
Trust me I have them.....I actually have two trail passes because I ordered one for a sled I recently sold. The guy on the black sled ordered his last week and had his paper work with him. For proof, the passes are orange in color this year.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I walked out with my auger on Nelson lake (nw of Hayward) yesterday, 200' from shore in multiple spots and had no less then 6" of ice. So that's definitely a good start to the season, and far ahead of last winter, so far.....
That is great to hear. Nelson lake is alway one of the first to freeze solid so hopefully the others are not far behind.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for starting this post @UpNorth17 :bc:

We're hoping for continued cold weather, and some fresh snow to allow us some break in time next weekend. If you see a crew of 3 ... last year's XCR 600, a new 800 XCR (black), and my lime squeeze Assault - say hi. Always good to chat with fellow HCS'ers :bc:
I will not be around next weekend but be sure to fill us all in how things go. I saw on the news last night that 2" of snow is being forecasted . It all helps at this point.

Also, let me know how you guys like the 2018 XCR. I'm considering pulling the trigger on one in blue.

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
One of our Groomers was panning the trails yesterday and is now parked at Louies Landing for more work today, they were knocking snow off the low hanging branches first which will take some time before all the trails are ready, hopefully by Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
From a Trail Captain a few moments ago:

It took the Groomer crew 5 1/2 hours yesterday to go from the CTH A Groomer garage to Louie's Landing resort, +/- 6 miles, 1000's of hanging down branches and trees blown over from the ice storm and 40-50mph winds a few days ago, they hope all will be open and good by Christmas. Round Lake, Grindstone, Lac Courte Oreilles and a few others are mostly open yet with some bays skimmed over.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Looks like plenty of snow in northern bayfield county to get out and ride. Tugging the machine up to the UP for something to do today. Things are looking up for a change, get out on the sleds!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the weather pattern and forecast hold up through the end of the year, this could be the best xmas through New Years in along time for the area. I hope that is the case for all of the business owners up there.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How are thing progressing? Thinking of making a trip over New Years. Any updates are appreciated.
Conditions are shaping up nicely. About 10" on the ground and more snow in the forecast. If the current weather trends continue, I personally feel all the lakes will be fine by Xmas. Once Round lake freezes it seems to add ice fast.

1 - 20 of 1223 Posts