Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all! Been a little while since I've posted anything interesting...
Yesterday, a solar wind stream was helped along by a bit of a solar flare, and the sky lit up in Northern Manitoba Canada. My parents happen to be up visiting, so my mom, my daughter and I bundled up to stand out in the cold to wath the northern lights dance across the sky. It was a pretty good show! I set up my new camera, and over the course of about 3 hours (the lights were still goin strong), took about 840 pictures and made the following timelapse video. It had warmed up to about -29, but there was a bit of a breeze. -40 with the windchill, but worth it! Hope you all enjoy!!
Jan 17 - YouTube

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Nice show! What kind of equipment are you using?

....been waiting for solar max for a while.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good morning all! Been a little while since I've posted anything interesting...
Yesterday, a solar wind stream was helped along by a bit of a solar flare, and the sky lit up in Northern Manitoba Canada. My parents happen to be up visiting, so my mom, my daughter and I bundled up to stand out in the cold to wath the northern lights dance across the sky. It was a pretty good show! I set up my new camera, and over the course of about 3 hours (the lights were still goin strong), took about 840 pictures and made the following timelapse video. It had warmed up to about -29, but there was a bit of a breeze. -40 with the windchill, but worth it! Hope you all enjoy!!
Jan 17 - YouTube

Thank you sir for sharing this. It made my day and probably will make the rest of my weekend. The beauty of nature will forever have me in awe.

das Goat

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice show! What kind of equipment are you using?

....been waiting for solar max for a while.
Nikon D7000 with a tokina at-x 116 pro at 11mm (ultrawide angle). f2.8, ISO 1000, 6 sec exposures. 12 sec intervals, 840 pictures played at 15 fps.

Seems the sun is finally starting to wake up, been pretty good show most nights this week! Hopefully it keeps coming!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeppers, I use spaceweather, gedds (geophysical institute) and the space weather prediction center's wing kp model. Recently found solarham.net and it has almost all the info in one location.

·
Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,328 Posts
Very nice ! Won't even have to drive to go see them with videos like this available ! Saves me gas money for riding the sled instead ! haha

Thanks,
Steve in the south

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Stunning video! Interesting that they light show stayed a consistent color green. Did it change to other colors over the course of the evening?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Beautiful. Mother Nature's streaming at it's best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts