Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
does any body know about these areas?also has anyone run the evans notch trail?????[/b]
Evans Notch is great...what's not is ITS80 and the trails south of there through Fryeburg.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Evans Notch is great...what's not is ITS80 and the trails south of there through Fryeburg.[/b]

I want to try and do a loop from Greenwood, over to Evans, down thru Evergreen, and back to Greenwood. Should be a good ride. Hope the trails are good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i,m trying to figure out where to go---north waterboro to evans notch----or bear corner newry through andover-- north!!!! i have to unload at either spot. ideas would help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only problem with Evans Notch is that it is a dead end for Maine only registered sleds right now. The Gilead trail which cuts off to the right and gets you to Bethel is closed right now, probably till next year due to a huge washout. A friend (fellow HCSer) and I went up it anyway last weekend and made it probably 1/4 mile. After about the 5th or 6th 6'-7' hole we decided that we would turn around.
I think that we should all get together and write to the NHSA and the Maine gov't and see if we can get passage into NH just until there is a passable trail.

As far as the notch itself goes though it was great riding last weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts