Hardcore Sledder banner

4221 - 4225 of 4225 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,982 Posts
Took a quick excursion up County Rd. 7 out of Finland Saturday, I'd heard there was snow, but wary enough to leave the sled at home. After a Junction burger at the Trestle, I went back home, and threw on the trailer. I'd decided to make one more trip into the great northwoods today. With a fresh ~3 inches, I figgered I could dance in between the rock gardens strewn along the trails, and most likely be riding some forest roads. I needed a mere 55 miles to break 2k on my new sled, so with the meltdown in progress, I ventured around. Plenty of cover in most places early, the bright sun clobbered the trails once again for my shorter ride back. It was crunchy snow early, hard to tell if ice or gravel was crunching the skis, and in the afternoon, what was snowy became grass and a smattering of mostly avoidable gravel. Trucks and ruts had made their way along the 600 road, and down the Two Island Rd. Still, the deeper snow along the roads had plenty of give, and I never felt like I was gonna get tossed into the trees. Firm, but not super hard in the shadows, very easy going for the most part. With the Grant-in-Aid trails officially closing Thursday, this season is over (disclaimer... unless we get another foot of snow!!).

Saturday's scouting run:
P1240347.JPG

P1240352.JPG

P1240354.JPG

Sunday's ride:

P1240374.JPG

Moose tracks were all over today:
P1240381.JPG

P1240397.JPG

P1240399.JPG

P1240407.JPG

Every time I see one of these, I think of mnext02... this one's for you, Pete!!
P1240412.JPG

Mader!!
P1240413.JPG

Now we got something to look at all summer...

·
Registered
10 Posts
ATV trails are going to open a little later than the anticipated May 1 opener this year. There is still frost and snow in the woods and wet spots. This applies to Lake & St. Louis county trails. Shouldn't be much longer and the gates will open again. Most trails are dry enough I think we're just waiting on Finland to give the green light.

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,982 Posts
ATV trails are going to open a little later than the anticipated May 1 opener this year. There is still frost and snow in the woods and wet spots. This applies to Lake & St. Louis county trails. Shouldn't be much longer and the gates will open again. Most trails are dry enough I think we're just waiting on Finland to give the green light.
I dunno about every trail, but the ones up here are open May 1st. I put in a call to the DNR office out of Two Harbors today, and got the message they are open up this way. Not sure about those trails like the Moosewalk, but the lady I heard from was Meghan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dunno about every trail, but the ones up here are open May 1st. I put in a call to the DNR office out of Two Harbors today, and got the message they are open up this way. Not sure about those trails like the Moosewalk, but the lady I heard from was Meghan.
I was refering to the Moosewalk trails and also the Wild Country ATV club in Two Harbors both saying closed.
Who does the DNR think they are?!?!

4221 - 4225 of 4225 Posts