Hardcore Sledder banner

4181 - 4200 of 4225 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,982 Posts
From Sunday:

Now, admittedly, not all the trails looked like this. Some were showing thinner snow, a few open spots popping through, and I'm sure there will be a shade more than what I saw, but for the most part, the trails could handle a little heat, as long as it doesnt rain. The plan to run south out of Silver Bay isn't gonna work, so no long loop this time around for the Brisk Pace ride. The entire Sunday afternoon ride,
I was thinking about how the trails would hold up over this next week. Temps in the mid 20's overnight certainly helps... but this might be the last week to ride if those rains next week show up.

Reactions: petersin7

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,365 Posts
Wow - 45 degrees really took a beating on the NSST from the Sawbill Road north up to Lutsen.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,365 Posts
Once past the bridge with the reroute off the road, conditions improve dramatically.

Just don’t take the Gunflint from the NSST north, there’s a couple mile stretch of GRAVEL. Take Devil’s Track past the store to avoid it.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,365 Posts
The Tomahawk was groomed last night between The Trestle and Knotted Pine.... but not to the NSST. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you think from devils track to hungry jack will hold together till next weekend? Planning a last run for a burger. Probably depends if next Wednesday/ thur is rain or snow. Forecast keeps waffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Likely a lot of the single track will have bent over saplings. Have a friend in Hoyt Lakes that says they got a heavy 6" and little to no rain. I would assume the further away from the lake the more snow and less rain.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,365 Posts
Just remember guys, if you are going to venture on trails, they had practically NOTHING before this little snow storm. I was there a week ago today, and anything south of Lutsen was probably all but bare ground before last night.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Was hoping Lutsen and north might have a chance with this freshen up IF they didn't get rain ahead of it. It appeared on radar they did not get rain, but not sure. Can anybody confirm? Might try a blast from Lutsen to Grand Portage Friday if its doable.

Reactions: dean_s and Mag6240
4181 - 4200 of 4225 Posts